Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my a/c was blowing a bit warm last week so I picked up an oz of PAG 46 and some 134a to refill it. I know I'm going to have to replace my compressor before summer anyway, so I didn't bother taking it anywhere.

I noticed with the compressor running, oil leaks out of the rubber hose-to-metal hose crimp coming from the bottom line of the condenser block that goes down to the passenger side of the compressor. After the crimp, the metal line goes to a small canister.

What I personally find odd, is that it's not blowing 134a out of there, if it was, It'd leak every bit of 134a I put in there out in 2 seconds considering how easily the oil leaked out.

Does anyone have any ideas? Also, can just this part of the line be repaired/replaced without replacing the whole set of lines coming from the condenser block?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That section can be replaced. If it's leaking oil it's leaking freon as well.

There is some dye you can put into the system to check for leaks, but you will need an ultraviolet light bulb.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had some dye in the system when I added the oil and freon. Came out around that crimp and at the low side valve, which I was going to replace but the kit at good ole advance didn't have the correct tool to remove the valve, its for smaller valves. What's the best way to replace that area that's crimped? Hopefully I can find a valve replacement kit for the low side valve.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone could post some insight on fixing the crimped hose leak, id greatly appreciate it. Its the main problem with the system outside of what I know how to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts