Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i replaced my a/c blower and now its barely even blowing air, even on high. Any suggestions? Brand new a/c blower, the high to low switch works, and I'm pretty sure i don't have a vacuum leak. Not to mention i ripped out my entire dash to try and figure this out haha. Can a dirty or old heater core block the blower? Im all out of ideas whats going on. Please help

·
Registered
158 Posts
On the heater/AC box in the dash, look where the blower motor is. There is a door that opens and closes. If your sitting in the passenger seat, it will be right above your right leg/shin. Look and make sure it is open. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It does open and close. Thanks for the suggestion. Can the evap core block the air flow?
No. Make sure nothing is blocking the air inlet for the blower motor. If that's not the case start looking at your relay switches if the fan speed doesn't change when you switch from low to high on the a/c settings. If still not working I say go exchange the "new" one.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
In a house....if the evap coil is blocked it will prevent air from coming out the vents, not sure if a car is the same way, but regardless i dont think that is your issue. Maybe they gave you the wrong motor, who knows

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i replaced my a/c blower and now its barely even blowing air, even on high. Any suggestions? Brand new a/c blower, the high to low switch works, and I'm pretty sure i don't have a vacuum leak. Not to mention i ripped out my entire dash to try and figure this out haha. Can a dirty or old heater core block the blower? Im all out of ideas whats going on. Please help
[/QUOTE

did you figure it out? I had same issue, had trash stuck up into blower intake passenger floor board, 2 pieces of trash/ plastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts