Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Keep it and fix it

Votes: 8 66.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
procrastinationist
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My notch has stock A/C that doesn't work. I have been debating deleting it completely, but I'm torn. I live in northern Ohio, against the Michigan border, so it does get pretty smoking in mid to late summer (sometimes 100+ with high humidity). However, I've owned cars without A/C before, and I know how to sweat with style. Also, it isn't a DD, just a fun car. So, what do you guys think? Should I dump it for good, pull it out and save everything in case I want to put it back, or keep it in and get it running again? I know I'm asking for opinions on something that only affects me, but I'm just not sure what to do. When I finally get around to my dream 408 or 393, I doubt I'll want to put it on there.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I still have mine. I just need to have mine recharged. I couldnt for the life of me replace my heater core with my a/c lines connected. So i had to recover it.

Any ways back to your question. A/c is nice to have when you need it, and im sure youll find that your family will be more willing to rid in that thing if they have the option of using a/c. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
I'm in Texas also so its a definate keep. But I don't know how many times I've heard of people trying to put AC back in their car after not having it.

The 5.0s that go for high prices are the ones that are clean, reliable, and have everything included (interior, working gauges, AC, etc).

If its there and just broke it doesn't hurt to just keep it there.

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Fix it and use it. My 470 horse gt had working a/c, cruise, etc. It only eats hp when its on.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Took mine out a while ago... Probably saved 40lbs or so and every pound counts when you're going for E.T.

Roll the windows down and listen to that sweet exhaust you have :)

Sent from my galaxy s II

1 - 10 of 10 Posts