Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this weird tick about every 30 to 40 seconds from the engine sometimes longer in between ticks heres a video....at about 25 or 26 seconds in you'll hear it....wtf is this??

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
baffles me dude

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know its not a valve tick cuz that would be constant haha but its like wtf is that sound it just bothers me

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Seriously stupid question of mine, but do you happen to have the windshield defrogger on?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope everything like that is off

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a valve tick would be constant right??? no periods of time between ticks?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Are you talking about that radom tick? At 24 and then 5 seconds? That sounds like the ac compressor cycling. Even if you have your AC off, if you have your hvac control set to defrost, it will cycle the unit to help dehumidify and to keep the pump moving when the AC is not in use.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks like everything like that is off thats whats weirdin me out man...ill double check though

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
weird my defrost was on so that explains it...BUT last night it wasn't on and it was still doin it but its not anymore wtf whatever its nothing to worry about i guess

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Not to mention the warranty countdown clock. :yes
Ohhh, my dear Efyl. You don't know how correct you are. lol

Four weeks ago, I paid off the remainder of my wife's 2000 Olds Alero loan. It was only a few thousand left.

The very next day, after I had left for work, I got a phone call from her that went like this: "The %&#@#[email protected]!! car is stuck in the street, and won't move forwards or backwards."

Apparently I should have left $1 owing on it. :lol

The car won't move when it's cold. When it's warm, it moves perfectly. Even if you mash on it. So I'm thinking the torque converter is baffed. How lovely. lol

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Ohhh, my dear Efyl. You don't know how correct you are. lol

Four weeks ago, I paid off the remainder of my wife's 2000 Olds Alero loan. It was only a few thousand left.

The very next day, after I had left for work, I got a phone call from her that went like this: "The %&#@#[email protected]!! car is stuck in the street, and won't move forwards or backwards."

Apparently I should have left $1 owing on it. :lol

The car won't move when it's cold. When it's warm, it moves perfectly. Even if you mash on it. So I'm thinking the torque converter is baffed. How lovely. lol

owch! Talk about efficiencies of modern, low cost, just-in-time, manufacturing.... :eek:

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Yes. I can tell you this much- never purchase a used Alero. I wouldn't call it the worst car I've ever owned, but overall it's always needing one thing or another fixed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts