Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pi intake from a crown vic for $20 last week and im itching to put it on the car(96 gt), i'm trying to be as cheap as possible so i was wondering if i could get away with halfa$$ing a couple parts of the swap. I'm gonna use pi gaskets and i've read all the write ups for the fabrication, i'm gonna mod my npi alternator bracket and use that or just not use one at all, do i really need the 99+ heater hose and nipple? or can i get away with just using a longer piece of coolant hose and clamp it? i'm planning on using a new waterpump o-ring and new injector o-rings

·
Banned
990 Posts
all i needed for the swap was the manifold.I used RTV instead of gaskets and i streched my heaterhose and reclamped it, i did nothing with the water pump but i put the bracket on just to clean up the engine a bit..Orings for the injectors only if you knowtice yours are damaged, just be carefull removing your injectors..ya man, it can be done for very cheap..It took me 4 hours and it was drying and ready to go,started rite up the next day when it was dry..Just make shur to RTV those corner coolant passages and be generous with it,it wont hurt anything..mines held up for almost 3 years now and im far from easy on my engine.. goodluck, toobad you dont live close id help ya...

·
Registered
876 Posts
im not sure why people say to use pi alternator bracket. I used my npi bracket right on my pi manifold with no problem
Same here. Just tap for temp sensor, gaskets coolant hose and nipple to do it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts