Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like how the new 2012 Boss Mustang has quadruple exhaust. The two side exhaust pipes go through metal disks and for not much more than sound.

Is there anything similar to this we can do to our 01-04 v6s. Would it help or will it reduce back pressure so much it actually hurts the car.

I bet it would sound sick like nothing else though!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Maybe - key word Maybe - if you got a set of dual out mufflers you could run two out the back like normal then take the two outers and run a set out the side.

OR:

get single out mufflers and stick a cutout "Y" splitter right after it and dump them off to the side.

JEG's has some nice low-pro tips that would work:

JEGS 30981 JEGS Thunder Exhaust Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips

As for the backpressure question - I don't know, that's not my department. I'm sure one of the other guys or gals on here can answer that.

And this is how the new 302's do it - but I'm sure you've already seen this:

_

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I like how the new 2012 Boss Mustang has quadruple exhaust. The two side exhaust pipes go through metal disks and for not much more than sound.

Is there anything similar to this we can do to our 01-04 v6s. Would it help or will it reduce back pressure so much it actually hurts the car.

Duals are plenty for the v6, quad exhaust would just be expensive and would actually hurt your hp.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright i mean i wasn't really planning on doing this. seems like too much work and hassle and it does seem like i'd lose hp. lol i was just having a thought.
duals are good enough for me. but it'll prob be the last thing i do bc i would rather look/sound slow and go fast (compared to stock v6) then the other way around u know

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright i mean i really don't plan on doing this. it seems like too much work/money and hassle. i was just having a thought lol.

duals are plenty good enough but it'll probably be the last thing i do. I'd rather look/sound slow and go fast (compared to a stock v6) than the other way around

·
Drama Llama
1,120 Posts
I didnt read the comments but.. honey, you have a V6.. unless she's stroked and cammed.. I wouldn't suggest it. I love my sixxer to death but there are things we must face, badass **** that sounds good on V8's probably wont sound half as good on our babies :D sorry to be so blunt but I have recently seen the light lol I am no longer in V6 denial haha I love her just the same though

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

Impossible... Reveal your self to the truth that Back pressure is the devil... The problem arises when you slow the exhaust gasses.

Towards the sound aspect... It will sound like poo poo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts