Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know, I should use the search feature, I have but my problem differs a little. First I will start off with what I really need to know, what's the best way to adjust/aim my headlights? against a wall 25 feet away? an empty parking lot? etc. Anyways, I was trying to adjust my lights last night right after I put my new HID's in and I think I stripped the adjusting part on the right headlight, the screwdriver was all screwed up and I didn't notice cause it was dark and I think I went too far and stripped it, so is there any way to adjust it now that I broke it? Do I need new headlights? is there a way to make a new part where I put the screw driver? Sorry for the long post, thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Yes I know, I should use the search feature, I have but my problem differs a little. First I will start off with what I really need to know, what's the best way to adjust/aim my headlights? against a wall 25 feet away? an empty parking lot? etc. Anyways, I was trying to adjust my lights last night right after I put my new HID's in and I think I stripped the adjusting part on the right headlight, the screwdriver was all screwed up and I didn't notice cause it was dark and I think I went too far and stripped it, so is there any way to adjust it now that I broke it? Do I need new headlights? is there a way to make a new part where I put the screw driver? Sorry for the long post, thanks guys.
I dont know about stripping it out and whatnot but what I did to adjust mine was tighten them all the way down (will be set up really high) carry an allen wrench with me, and I turned them up a few turns at a time as I saw needed and eventually were adjusted well enough for me.
Just make sure to do the same number of turns to each headlight...

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i hate ford for making the adjustment screw plastic....hmmm try to adjust it with a sharper philips head...something that can dig in and grip :yes

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Damn that's a shitty situation you have there... You may be able to do something similar o what mike said, could use a knife and kinda dig into the plastic and rotate it that way..? That'd suck to have to buy new lights

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah sometimes ford doesn't think to well... I think I might try your guy's tricks tonight (the knife, a sharper phillips head) then if those don't work I'll try the bolt. And if all of that unfortunately doesn't work I will probably have to buy new headlights because I think it's stuck in a bad adjustment right now, how much are those retrofit headlights codycat? and do they look nice, and not scatter HID light as bad as the stock housing?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
R3dFyre02 apparently just sold those lights between yesterday and when I just checked a couple minutes ago, but he make's custom orders. Mine were around $350 if I remember correctly (I ordered the new housings separate) but well worth it. It is not even fair to compare these to HID bulbs in stock housings. Check out his write-up on how he made them http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...ru-hid-projectors-into-my-stock-housings.html (he has refined the process since this original set, as you can see by mine) and you can also check them out on AllBlakeverything's car here: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...tang-projector-retrofit-thanks-r3dfyre02.html

Also, I will be starting a new thread momentarily with a bunch of pics of the whole build of mine from R3dfyre! :D Any more questions, don't be afraid to ask me or him

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think I might be ordering a kit from him soon codycat thanks for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts