Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k guys,I have a 99 GT that I bought a couple years ago and I let my wife have it to drive and well,i've bought her a new car so the 99 is back in my hands again.I'm wanting to know what mufflers would sound good on it? it has a set of BBK shorties,with a high flow xpipe and 40 series flows on it now and i'm changing the catted x-pipe for a OR H-pipe and i want some different mufflers to.now keep in mind it's an auto and they don't rev like a 5 speed so I was wondering what you guys use? also,can you use "MECHANICAL" aftermarket gauges with these cars or do you have to stay elect? i'm new to these mod modfications because i've always had foxbodies so all help and advice is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I <3 Borla stingers and want them pretty bad, so of course I'd recommend them first. My top choices would be Borla stingers, the chambered Magnaflow catback, Bassani catback, Magnaflow magnapacks, a Mac catback, or just stick with the Flows.

All of them would sound good IMO. Loudmouth 1's are too loud and raspy for an O/R X IMO, Loudmouth 2's don't really have much tone, and I've never really looked into anything from Pypes.

Just listen to some videos on Youtube to see what you like. I personally like my Flowmasters enough to stick with them for a while, but I'll get stingers on it eventually.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'd change on piece at a time. Getting rid of the cats will definitely increase how loud your exhaust is. I'd see what that sounds like then change the cat-backs if you don't like it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,can you use mechanical gauges on these cars? i hate to sound dumb, but heck i'm just trying to learn this car so i can change it up some.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
depending on what you want to monitor & where you put the sensor, yes you will be fine with mechanical gauges.

you can't eliminate any of the factory stuff to do it though, you'll need to install the mechanical gauges in adition to the factory stuff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to put some gauges on a pod in it and i'm sure i could just unhook the factory gauges couldn't I ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts