Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 mustang and can't decide on 3.73's or 4.10's. I am worried about gas milage. Also this guy i know says his car can beat mine and mine is slow. He has a 5 turbo civic with a supercharger and nawz. There is also a lambo that i have seen, do you think i can beat him. I have alot of bolt ons and such, i am wondering what other bolt ons on there and what i should get. I also can't decide on what shifter to get, i would like to hear 10 different opinions on why each one you prefers tri-ax, pro-5.0 or mgw. LMAO
Just thought i would cover half the questions that have been asked in the last 2 years this site has been going.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
is the car in yoru sig the one your reffering to?

what size tires do you run at the track?

a turbo, or nitrous civic can run anywhere from 15's, to 7's, need lots more info than that. lambo's can run 14's-10's, need more info ont hat aswell.

shifter... MGW... nothing else compares

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude it was all a joke, just saying its funny how we are getting questions how how fast a car is and if someone can beat them. And all the damn shifter questions, and of course the most famous, what gears to get and what about gas milage. I can't believe you tried to answers those lol.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
you're gonna have trouble killing that 5 turbo supercharged civic with nawz. i think if you throw in a cold air intake and turbonator you should kill him. as far as gears go, i'd go with 5.30's. the lower the ratio, the faster you go. gas mileage will not be affected. for the shifter, i'd just use a wooden spoon. you will cut down shift times drastically, and a wooden spoon just looks cool.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and bwalo9, thats what i want to say everytime someone posts those same damn questions. i just want to say WHO GIVES A **** IS SOMEONE THINKS THERE CAR IS FASTER, YOU MIGHT AS WELL RAM YOUR CAR INTO A BRICK WALL. CAUSE IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THEN YOU HAVE NO DRIVING EXPERIENCE AND YOU WILL KILL SOMEONE RACING ON THE STREET. I understand this is a tech section but there is more and more of can i beat this car questions.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
true dat.

if you want to know if you can beat a car or not, race him and find out

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Don't forget to ask if nitrous will hurt your motor. Also, is supercharging or NA better. What's the max RWHP for a 2V?

It's funny you posted this, because I was looking through new posts today and I was thinkin' "what a bunch of bullshit".

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its getting really hard to help spread my modular knowledge, i love hearing about problems people are having with there motor or something so i can help. But these same questions over and over i don't think is really helping anyone. Half of this **** belongs in the clubhouse lol. Hell even my thread in all actuality belongs in the clubhouse.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
its getting really hard to help spread my modular knowledge, i love hearing about problems people are having with there motor or something so i can help. But these same questions over and over i don't think is really helping anyone. Half of this **** belongs in the clubhouse lol. Hell even my thread in all actuality belongs in the clubhouse.
i disagree.. i think this should be a sticky lol

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why, i made great stickys already and do you think anyone reads them. I mean **** look down at the bottom of the page and there is a damn gas mileage question lol.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i think what we should do is when we see a thread about some bullshit like this, put a link in their thread and then lock it. thats what i am going to start doing!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
whats the widest tire I can fit on my car? I know 43 of you said you fit 315's fine with no problem, but I just want to make sure...

And also, I plan on going turbo in about 6 years, is it worth putting 4.10's in now and swapping then or not? What kind of gas mileage should I expect?

Also, WHATS THE BEST EXHAUST TO GET FOR MY CAR?

·
Registered
187 Posts
exhaust is one of those things that i or nobody else can tell you what you will like. the best bet is to listen to your buddies cars, and when you find something that you notice more, that is the set up you want. ev1 can tell you what their preference is, and you might buy the most popular brand, and hate it. its all about preference. as of the 410s, if no forced induction for 6 or more years, go 410. then when you are adding forced induction, you can change them to what you want. no since in waiting that long, and missing out on all the fun.
whats the widest tire I can fit on my car? I know 43 of you said you fit 315's fine with no problem, but I just want to make sure...

And also, I plan on going turbo in about 6 years, is it worth putting 4.10's in now and swapping then or not? What kind of gas mileage should I expect?

Also, WHATS THE BEST EXHAUST TO GET FOR MY CAR?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i dont understand why people have such a problem with threads where guys ask "who will win" or "can i beat him". whats the big problem? sometimes they make for good conversation.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cj220, if you didn't get it buddy, i wasn't really asking those questions. Its a joke just laughing at the questions that people ask every single week.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts