Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off I got rid of my 20 inch razors.Sucks but i needed cash (long story) plus 20s arent great for racing and thats what my 05 will be set up for 1/4 mile.Ok well I sold the DRs and only took a $25 hit so not bad.The 20s was traded for a set of 18 by 8.5 BBS RS II wheels and $500.These was to be a temp thing cus I plan on 10th anyversary cobras in 18 by 10s.Then i found that are worth $$$ BBS RS II Wheel 18x8.5 5x114.3 Vivid Racing. Yeah I know Im tripping too and this is for one wheel.Is this right?Well i kinda want to keep them now LOL.Put them on and now they are growing on me.Keep and install Drs on the rear or flip them? Pics look odd cus the street dips by the curb and makes it look tiny not to meantion 225/40/18 tires are too small and will have 255/45/18 goodyear F1 supercars installed tue.How hard will it be to have these taken apart (they are 2 piece wheels) and have the centers powder coated in black?I priced ten rears in these and they are $900 a piece lol. I can get a whole new set of the 18 by 10s for bout $700 or less.So proly wont order the BBS wheels in 10 inch rears.

Ok now for my next question.On the deep dish wheels from either americanmuscle or latemodelrestoration the tires in the fron are 255/45/18 and the rears are 275/40/18.Why 45 series up front and 40 series in the rear.Wouldnt you want the same front and rear?

Last who has ran supercar tires and did you likem ? I got a great deal on these and cant say no.(Thanx Juco once again next cookout 20 ounce T-bone with ur name on it cooked how you want it If i can find one that big lol)I read alot of bad on these but all was from SRT8 300 and charger guys.Yet all was the same.Bad front wear.Did some reasearch and its a problem on the suspension with that chasis.So not too worried there.Thats alot but I know you guys will come thru with good advice.You always do, thats why i love this site.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did yall notice no valvestem. LOL im still trying to track down a set of adapters to be able to air these up as needed.Anyone know where i can get them other than tirerack.They want $50+ bucks for 4 of them.Yet i was told they only cost $6 a peice other places.

·
Registered
600 Posts
wheels/tires

Ok now for my next question.On the deep dish wheels from either americanmuscle or latemodelrestoration the tires in the fron are 255/45/18 and the rears are 275/40/18.Why 45 series up front and 40 series in the rear.Wouldnt you want the same front and rear?

Idk why they do that either..but tthats how its setup on my car and it looks fine

Last who has ran supercar tires and did you likem ?
i have Nitto555s there pretty good
i think you need to drop that thing! spend some money on springs and shocks and im sure you will much happier with it..rather than looking like a monster truck!

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
The second number in the tires size is called the aspect ratio and it determins the sidwall height of the tire in relationship to the tread width. So if you have a wider tire with the same aspect ratio it will be taller. Many go with the combo of a 255/45/18 front with a 285/40/18 on the rear because the sidwall of each of these tires are about 114 mm, or have an overall tire height of about 27". (255 x 45% = 114.75 and 285 x 40% = 114.00 mm.) Whether or not you can go that wide with your 8.5" rims is another question all together though. According to my tire chart you should run a 9" rim with 285's, actually for 275's also. I don't think that 1/2 an inch is going to be that bad though. My rear tires are supposed to have at least 10.5 inches of rim width but I only have 10"'s.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok that makes sense now.The 275 side is the same as the 255 side wall.Yeah cus i looked at all kinds of angles and it looked the same. As far as a 275 on this 8.5 not my plan.255 was a bit skinny on my 9 inch razors so they should look perfect on the 8.5s.Still tho My next diecision is put Drs on these or get the 18 by 10 set up and slap on Drs.Sell these for at least 1000 or so and then find some stock wheels for winter use.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
If it were me in your shoes I would flip the rims. You can sell 2 of them and get the wider ones for the rear or sell all 4 and get a nice staggered set up. I wouldn't run 10's up front, that's not for me at least. I don't know how well 10's fit up front anyways. But you should get some pretty decent $'s for those rims though. That was a hell of a trade. You should get enough for new rims & tires, and have enough left over to drop that suspension. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats probly what ill do.Problem is rears wont last till my inspection time as is and the fronts are too small.On top of that im big on safe tires so they have to be replaced.Not a huge deal Ill put them on my Discount credit card.Hell even then i can order the wheels i want later.Take the 255 on these for the fronts of those and then DR the rears on the 10s.Then put the other 255s in the attic as backups on the fronts and then sell these for $1000 for wheels only on a BMW forum and use that cash for a set of stockers for when it freezes over here.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Sounds like a plan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts