Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Well that sucks! It'd look so much better with the cap gone. Too bad Ford can't pay someone enough to line the cap up and leave the panel flat.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Damn and this is something I wanted to do down the line. You could always get a black out panel, not ideal but at least it should be cheaper than body work...

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Alexander, what color is your car?

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alexander, what color is your car?
In sig. Those aren't my pic's. It's dark lol. I can take some tomorrow and swap.

Apparently its 2011 only. I can't confirm, but when I was searching I saw that 2010 might still just use the double sided tape.

So for now, black paint it is.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
In sig. Those aren't my pic's. It's dark lol. I can take some tomorrow and swap.

Apparently its 2011 only. I can't confirm, but when I was searching I saw that 2010 might still just use the double sided tape.

So for now, black paint it is.

Looks good, I think I might just do that. I can't tell from the pics did you go glossy or matte?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
how bad ass would it be to make it functional?

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
how bad ass would it be to make it functional?
The amount of work it would take to make that possible would be ridiculous. LOL.

Or it could be easy if you don't want to use your trunk anymore.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Damn thanks for this post I was goin to paint mine tomorrow ohhh I have a question how to remove the pony on the front grill? N ow to remove the side lights? Thanks ( I'm not jackin ur thread ok:) just a question)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
2010 uses tape!! lol

I like the faux cap. i think it looks good! and painted to match your car theme is always a cool unique to do imo

but it's funny because ford probably could have saved money just using tape...

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will, id just tape it. I painted all of my plastic using gloss krylon fusion. Looks awesome. If you want to paint it blue or something do not try to remove it you will break it. Broke my 07's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i painted the pony grill on my 11 matte black look really good.
if your going to do it i suggest taking the grill off cutting the pins that are holding the pony in place and when it comes to putting it back on juat find your strongest glue possible.. pretty simple task i guess

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Edit: Nevermind, answered my stupid question. LOL.

·
Registered
109 Posts
so if u take it off u cant put it back on if u break those tabs? i might just paint mine on the car with plastidip. that way if i dont like it ill just peel it off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts