Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All stock... Anybody have any ideas for a combo? My buddy is trying to NOT break into the block. This will not be stroked, just bolt on's for now...

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
What exactly do you mean by combo? You say you don't want to crack into the motor, so does that mean you don't want to do heads/cam/etc? Or just that you don't want to get into the shortblock?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I said windsor... so far we were looking at a vic jr spyder EFI with injectors... and he lives downtown SF so we are not going to mess with the exhause right yet, just minor bolt ons... this motor is coming out of a 92 bronco eddie bauer edition and im gonna drop it into a 87 ranger for him, i figure that alone should be pretty good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what i am concerned about is making the car go fast on a cheap budget and passing smog. and yes San Fransisco...

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Okay, my suggestion is to do the swap with the motor 100% stock, and get it ref'd that way first. Then do whatever mods you're thinking about doing after you've got the new sticker.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, would installing a Vi Jr Spyder EFI with injectors and fuel rails produce more smog? and would it run good on a stock motor?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
yeah, would installing a Vi Jr Spyder EFI with injectors and fuel rails produce more smog? and would it run good on a stock motor?
It's not a matter of producing more or less emissions, it's a matter of whether or not that part has a CARB number. If it doesn't, no matter how clean the motor burns, you'll fail smog.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My buddy lives in San Francisco California and I live in Portland Oregon... It is not worth it to me then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts