Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as I sit here, bored at work, I was thinking; "What is this "Blog Entries" thing? I had not realized that we had a blog built into our forum for us. Now that I do, I think I shall use it! So, here goes nothin'!

Let us start with a bit about me. My name is Jake and I am a software analyst for a fairly large company in eastern Iowa. I am a automotive enthusiast that enjoys a lot of different hobbies. I like racing cars above all else in my list of hobbies. But I also enjoy going shooting, both photography, computers and firearms. I am a aspiring calibrator, aka tuner, and I am venturing out for my first big foray into the tuning world as of Tuesday. More on that later. In photography, I am very much amateur and only in the what I would call the “middle” stages of learning the profession that is photography. I mostly enjoy taking landscape shots and stationary photography on most any subject really. Especially cars of course. I am hoping to upgrade my camera (Currently in a Nikon D40 w/ Nikkor glass) and skills in the near future but for now my focus is my car. In firearms, I am just amateur as well but I have been around firearms my entire life and am a fairly skilled marksmen. I have a fairly good collection with the standouts being my Iwo Jima Edition Springfield Armory M1 Garand and a pair of original Colt Single Action Army (Peacemaker) revolvers. In my 9-5 I fix warehouse control systems and other miscellaneous software issues within the company and am more than skilled in just about anything that has to do with computers. I was also a Master Certified Ford Mechanic in both Gas and Diesel electronic diagnosis and repair for 3 years. I hold two degree’s and will be going for a third here before too long. My first is a Associates in Information Technology with a concentration on Networking and my second is a Associates in Applied Sciences with a concentration on Automotive Repair. I also attended UTI in Glendale Heights Illinois. I will be attending online classes for a B.S. in either Business or Information Technology either this coming spring or next summer/fall.

On to the good stuff for you fellow car enthusiasts out there. As I mentioned before I am an aspiring calibrator and will be starting my first official tuning project as of this coming Tuesday. We have a 5.4 liter SOHC Ford Lightning motor with all aftermarket forged parts in the bottom end and complete aftermarket heads/cams. It is all topped off by a 3.4 liter Whipple supercharger, non-intercooled. You may ask yourself why? Because this is a drag car and it will be running E85 (albeit our own mixture of E85). We don’t really have to “worry” about inlet temps because of the cooling affect the E85 has and also because we will not be running the motor but for a few minutes at a time. We are running Big Stuff 3 engine management with the Race Pak option. We have aftermarket fuel rails with 105lb/hr injectors and a Aeromotive Magnapump 750. It is all backed by a two speed powerglyde that is tweaked with our specs. I am very excited about this car and will have startup videos hopefully by the end of next week up and playing. Then hopefully track videos a week or so after that. This car is to be placed in a bracket class and will hopefully run in the 8’s easily and consistently.

With all that said and on this first installment, I leave you with this picture:

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more updates,

Jake

1 - 1 of 1 Posts