Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been chasing down this vibration for a while, ended up replacing the wheels yesterday since one was warped a little and that got rid of mose of the vibrations but there is still a little vibration left that idk what its coming from. only thing i can think of is like brakes or the alignment but it doesnt seem to be out of alignment. it tracks straight on a flat road.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Does the vibration gets worse/better with speed?, or is it more RPM related? Coming from front/back/side?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
if its while you are breaking its warped rotors, just fixed this yesterday, other then that, I doubt its your brakes

·
Registered
493 Posts
what happened to warp the wheel? i'd say if it got curbed or something then it could be a tie rod end. does it go away when turning the steering wheel?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what happened to warp the wheel? i'd say if it got curbed or something then it could be a tie rod end. does it go away when turning the steering wheel?
i havent noticed it going away now that i have the new rims, but i havent drove but a few miles with them on. ill check and see. i know it used to smooth out when going around a corner.
thing the old rims where curbed to get bent. was bent when i got the car, there was rash on the rim though.

it doesnt really get worse or better with speed, i can just see the drivers side mirror vibrating a little and feel it a tiny bit in the steering wheel

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
If it gets better going around the corner, it could be the wheel bearing. If you curbed the rims hard enough to bend one, you could have tweaked the wheel bearing as well (going around corners will lessen or amplify the noise of a failing wheel bearing - usually).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think it is a wheel bearing now, the noise goes away when going on a left sweeping corner like a exit ramp.

·
Registered
686 Posts
it's got to be a wheel bearing especially if the vibration goes away on a sweeping corner.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can feel my seat vibrating a little and the steering wheel, not so much in the pedals.
and now i just found out my fan has quit yet again on me, gotta get that done to before it gets really hot here.
the joys of buying a used car lol, never know if they took car of it.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Not trying to thread jack, but I have a vibration too, its mainly when going 30-65. I feel it in the shifter, and steering wheel.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the same problem; So I got under the car and tightened everything. Turned out my driveshaft had a loose bolt. Prolly not your problem but worth trying if you haven't.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had a vibration in my shifter and my seat while going 60+... Tried everything, rebalanced tires, unbolted and rotated the pinion flange 180*, and replaced U-joints. Nothing solved it. Got the car up on jack stands (takes balls to do this) and put the car in gear and got it up to speed.. felt the vibration in both the pumpkin and transmission. I replaced the D/S with an aluminum one from American Muscle and now the car is smoother than EVER before.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Not trying to thread jack, but I have a vibration too, its mainly when going 30-65. I feel it in the shifter, and steering wheel.
I had the same issue and replaced my DD to a FRPP and fixed everything.
Make sure to put some loktight on the new one, if thats what you decide to do. Other whise it could come lose again, throwing itself out of boulance

·
Registered
496 Posts
was it a back wheel or front wheel that was bent? I have a vibration also, so I had the car on jack stands and put it in drive, then I noticed one wheel had a slight wobble, so I swapped the wheels, and the wobble was still there with the other wheel. This showed me the wheel was straight, but the axle shaft was bent (the flange part). So I'm gonna get another axle shaft and swap it in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it was a right rear i believe that was bent, i rotated it to the front before i noticed it was bent. i only noticed it because i put it on the tire balancer and you could clearly see the rim wobbling. I bought a new wheel bearing hub assembly 15 minutes ago, going to put it on when i get a chance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got both the fan and vibration fixed today, was the left front wheel bearing which had nothing to do with the bent rim surprisingly. ended up messing up my rotor on that side to though, they were drilled and slotted and it wore down to the bottom of the slots, so new rotors are next.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
glad you got it all sorted out. Are you replacing Cobra slotted and drilled rotors?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the ones i have now are cobra ones, i think im going to put cobra ones on it though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts