Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here goes i have a 97 Gt5 spd with magnaflow cat back bbk shorty headers bbk cold air intake and saleen 18x10 with nitto tires but im in the navy have been since i got outa high school like a year ago and ive been overseas for almost 6 months now in fact i am right now floating in the persian gulf but over here i have saved up almost 11,000 dollars say 3500 to pay my car off and i need to know some good mods to use like what kinda rear end gears whats a good tranny set up what all do i need to do for supercharging what kind of feul system should i use, the suspension i know the sn95 is good but what can i do to make it better should i go with a superchip or one of them tuner thing i see in magazines all the damn time and most of all i left my car back in ohio with my dad so if anyone knows a place in ohio that could do this kind of work that would be amazing and maybe a place to buy the parts from ive been using summit mostly and cruzin concepts and last question whats the deal on breaks whats a good decent priced dependable kind any help is greatly apriciated THANKS:D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Do a full PI swap, a supercharger, get some gears(4.10s 0r 3.73's), and do some work with your suspension and some drag radials.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
most supercharger kits will come with everything you need to install them. I prefer Kenne Bell superchargers, they have instant power throughout the entire rpm band and will take a bone stock 97 gt to 425hp without any other mods for around 4000 bucks. They also come with a retune so you don't have to buy a seperate tuner. look them up on the internet and you will see what I mean. As for the gears, thats always a matter of personal choice. If you are going to do alot of other mods you don't have to go with the biggest rear gears out there. Sounds like you already have a great exhaust set up so your good there. As as far as the suspension goes, I'd say drop it at least an inch and a half, put in adjustable shocks and struts, get a steeda bump steer kit and some x2 ball joints, replace all your rubber bushings with energy suspension polyurethane ones and consider fully adjustable upper and lower rear control arms. You would also need some caster/camber plates for your struts. you can upgrade to cobra brakes on the front for around 500 bucks and that should be good enough by itself. Lastly, I don't know of any shops in Ohio, but livernois motorsports is just down the road in Illinios. They have a web site if you want to check them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts