Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I'm browsing e-bay motors and run across LED's and get a wild hair to replace all the bulbs on my 06 Roush Stang, I had previously swapped out my map lights with LED's and really like em. I did a bit of research and enlightened myself (obviously not enough) in reguards to Electronic Relays, load resistors and such. After filling my head with all the knowledge that would fit went ahead and ordered all the LED's, received them today and am waiting on the Electronic Flasher Relay for my turn signals. Being the patient person I am I decided to get a jump on the install and locate that Infamous Clicking 5 pronged little black box I can hear from under my dash but for the friggen life of me Can't find. Well, after completely tearing my dash apart (back to how patient I am) seeking that little sucker I find that the clicking is coming from my Roush Instrument Cluster!!!!! WTF?? Now What??? Is this where the Relay is or is the clicking sumpin else and the relay non-exsistant??? Any clues?? I'm assuming with the Roush Cluster wiring on my stang is different than the norm but not sure.

Thats my first delema.........Second is I went ahead and replaced my side markers with the LED's checkin each one as I installed them and all was good until the fourth one when that one was installed none of the damn things worked!!! Figure this is a load problem but not wanting to put load resistors so wondering if and when I find the Relay and replace it if this will cure this problem along with the hyper blinking?? Any electrical experts in the house??

Sorry bout the long winded post and any help would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
hey 06 roush, im pretty sure the the led style flasher will fix the fast blinking. i think the flasher does not see the low load voltage and/or sees it as a bulb out and causes it to flash quickly. i was considering leds but wanted to avoid this problem so i went with the GE night hawk bulbs (20% brighter) all the way around that i found at wal-mart. those bulbs make a huge diff in light output. i think the taillights are close to the brightness as the leds but use more wattage.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Smaller version

Last week I'm browsing e-bay motors and run across LED's and get a wild hair to replace all the bulbs on my 06 Roush Stang, I had previously swapped out my map lights with LED's and really like em. I did a bit of research and enlightened myself (obviously not enough) in reguards to Electronic Relays, load resistors and such. After filling my head with all the knowledge that would fit went ahead and ordered all the LED's, received them today and am waiting on the Electronic Flasher Relay for my turn signals. Being the patient person I am I decided to get a jump on the install and locate that Infamous Clicking 5 pronged little black box I can hear from under my dash but for the friggen life of me Can't find. Well, after completely tearing my dash apart (back to how patient I am) seeking that little sucker I find that the clicking is coming from my Roush Instrument Cluster!!!!! WTF?? Now What??? Is this where the Relay is or is the clicking sumpin else and the relay non-exsistant??? Any clues?? I'm assuming with the Roush Cluster wiring on my stang is different than the norm but not sure.

Thats my first delema.........Second is I went ahead and replaced my side markers with the LED's checkin each one as I installed them and all was good until the fourth one when that one was installed none of the damn things worked!!! Figure this is a load problem but not wanting to put load resistors so wondering if and when I find the Relay and replace it if this will cure this problem along with the hyper blinking?? Any electrical experts in the house??

Sorry bout the long winded post and any help would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup!! I figured the Electronic Flasher would fix the Hyper Flashing of the turn signals which wasn't really my question to begin with. I suppose I shouldn't be so long winded in my questions eh??!!! lol

After searching and tearing my dash apart seeking out the clicking noise I could hear with my hazards on I Came to the realization that the clicking is actually coming from inside the Roush Instrument Cluster. Yup I opened it up and no hazard relay in there so (not that I thought for a min it would be) I am confused?? Am I over looking the obvious?

First question is Where O Where is that damn Relay?
Second question is Will the Relay correct the marker lights,License plate light and trunk lights? Marker LED's work with just three installed but when the fourth is installed none of them work which I chalk up to a "no Load" problem.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Some (maybe most) cars have separate relays for the hazard and turn signals. Hell all the ones I've worked on flashers have.. Just a lil note.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts