Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I need some advice or input. I'm running a O/R H pipe that was welded in the middle along with some Magnaflow packs mid mounted and pype bomb's as tips. Now i don't know if its an exhaust leak or what but its driving me crazy. I'm getting a kinda "puffing" noise when I accelerate. I can hear it if I'm driving next to a wall or another car, and so forth.

I remember reading somewhere that straight thru mufflers will always give you that kinda "puffing" sound. Is this true? Anyone else set up have this kind of sound?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
if you have a leak you will notice it more as you mentioned. My headers leak as well but i can only hear it when i am in a drive through or somthing similar.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it could be just a new exhaust, and you are not used to the sound yet.

how long has the exhaust been on?
i had a leak in my old fox at the header/midpipe junction and there was exhaust black stuff visible where it was leaking.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had the exhaust on for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
it could be just a new exhaust, and you are not used to the sound yet.

how long has the exhaust been on?
i had a leak in my old fox at the header/midpipe junction and there was exhaust black stuff visible where it was leaking.
I have a better idea check for black soot around the joints:D. jk good advise on the soot onederful100:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
If the sound you're describing is what I'm thinking of, it's definitely normal with a straight thru- my magnapacks do the same. Honestly I love that sound hahaha

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have a better idea check for black soot around the joints:D. jk good advise on the soot onederful100:)
soot, carbon, black stuff.........you know what i mean. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts