Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just finished up my taxes and looks like in 2 weeks i get to dump $1k into my beast, $300 is reserved for my trans rebuild im doing, so $700 left obviously...

im open to anything, and dont have many mods

i found subframe connectors for $50 does that basically mean they are **** or is that an ok part to go cheap on, if so what should i look to spend on them...

itd be nice to get a bunch of little **** but like i said im open to whatever is the best thing to do

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
subframe connectors, exhaust, gears, intake manifold just to name a few things you could do

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i guess im saying what would you guys do if you had $700, want to spend it as wisely as possible.

sorry i should have added i plan on doing a h/c/i combo in 09 or 2010

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
thanks i guess im saying what would you guys do if you had $700, want to spend it as wisely as possible.

sorry i should have added i plan on doing a h/c/i combo in 09 or 2010
nitrous

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree with baine, subframe connecters $80-115, gears and installtion $450-500, plus shipping and a couple tanks of gas.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I vote WHEELS

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok gears it is then, so will i have any luck finding a rear end with gears in it, or is it cheaper to just put gear in what i have

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
finding another rear end would = used gears anyway.......i would definately say just so with gettin gears for your car.......

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought my used 3.73 posi rear end for 200 it was a good find, then another 250 for control arms i just need some good tires and wheels and ill be in business.

would be nice if i could find one that cheap, if anyone has one let me know if your close to northern indiana over by notre dame ill buy it

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
980 Posts
5spd : 3:90

aod: 4:10

either or. good mod for you. you'll notice a difference.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I found a set of 3.73 on ebay from a guy who worked at ford and had a brand set around with bearings and shims for like 140 so I would look around ebay and at some other shops and stuff.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok my local speed shop said $200 for richmond 3.73's and $350 with any extra stuff i might need to install them, sounds good to me what about you guys

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
so is it 200 plus 350 or wat......or is 350 the total price for everything including instal

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
dang......thats seem expensive but i guess its not too terrible......
you might ask how much they would charge just for labor

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dang......thats seem expensive but i guess its not too terrible......
you might ask how much they would charge just for labor

i even tried all three speedshops around me this was the cheapest, i wish i could find cheaper but i thought it sounded about right

1 - 20 of 20 Posts