Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good place where I can get the fog lights for a roush front bumper ( other than getting raped through Ford ). I need the bulbs, brackets, and wiring... I have seen some stuff but they were generic and I dont want the wrong fogs in there with a large gap b/w the bulb and the bumper. Thanks...

( The title is suppose to be finding not fining )

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mav. I didnt even look @ roush casue I figured they would want a ton for the parts...

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, the thread above for the wiring is for the 04- s, the replace the stock fog lights with the roush fog lights. I dont want to eliminate the fogs on the grill. Anyone dealt with this before? is there a kit or do you just "safely" splice it?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
The Roushes have a small rocker switch under the headlight swith that switch between the grill fogs nd the Roush fogs. If wired the way they come from Roush you can only have one set on at a time.

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but I was thinking about piggybacking it with a inline fuse so I could run them all at once... Thanks for the link that it what I was looking for... I also saw that he just sold a roush bumper too bad I didnt see it before I ordered mine ( would have save a bit )...

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Fast, check the local laws by you. Here in Illinois you can only have 4 operational lamps on while travelling the road way. I wired in my cervinis Piaa's independent of the system just so I don't have to deal with the hassles.

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read something about only having four forward facing lights at a time. But whats the difference b/w having an individual switch and jumping them off the fogs? All I have to do to shut them down is push in on the middle of the light switch. But I would doubt I would get hasseled about that. Theres little ricers and trucks around here that have more than 4 forward lights... Plus thats like getting pulled over for my exhaust ( dont really see it happening... ).
BTW Emay... Whats with you location there? why look over my shoulder when I can just use the rear view to see how hard Im pulling on you ( its safer that way too )...
( I do apreciate the heads up on the forward facing lights deal though )

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I read something about only having four forward facing lights at a time. But whats the difference b/w having an individual switch and jumping them off the fogs? All I have to do to shut them down is push in on the middle of the light switch. But I would doubt I would get hasseled about that. Theres little ricers and trucks around here that have more than 4 forward lights... Plus thats like getting pulled over for my exhaust ( dont really see it happening... ).
BTW Emay... Whats with you location there? why look over my shoulder when I can just use the rear view to see how hard Im pulling on you ( its safer that way too )...
( I do apreciate the heads up on the forward facing lights deal though )
They nab up here for the multiple lighting thing, you'll find most of the ricers in our area obey that law pretty much.. When the HID conversions became big, they really cracked down on the, blue, purple, and pink 6k and up kits.

Anyway, if you think they'll leave you alone, by all means do it... I was just makin sure you were aware they can tag you for it..

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, The more I think about it the more I think I will put a indiv. switch for the lower fogs. I really didnt want to as I dont like have switches on my dash, I like to wire everything up so it works when its suppose to. Maybe this would be a good time to get the SOS cup holder cover with switches ( and maybe a new guage ). BTW incase anyone hasnt been to SOSes site recently they have added a new guage cluster that elimates our radios and puts a combination of guages and switches below the radio. But I like the stock cd player personally so I wouldnt get it ( my 0.02 )

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Fast, I travelled that same path. Went with the 5 switch panel. I thought I had a shot up in another thread but can't find it. Here it is:

Thats hott... You seriously need to write a book about 05+ Mustang Modifications...

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that the one with the hole for a guage or a cup holder ( cant really tell the size by the pic )? I have been looking into that as well... I think it looks good an is very affordable but the only thing about getting it from them is I dont know what I would use all the switches for so I cant have them engrave them... BTW Emay, did you just drill a hole in the back of the cupholder to run the wires up above the tranny and down the center console?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts