Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2004 roush mustang stage 1 ..it has somelik 57k miles and some 3.73, underdrive pulies, gutted cats (dont member but that shoukld be all), it gives me the code of mis fire i use the diablo handheld tuner to read/clear the code..but i really dont know how to read that thing... i really have no idea what could be causing the misfire...and it only does it sometimes..when it does as i start it or when its on @ idle it throw a lik a lil thump noise threw the exhaust that i could hear(it has the side exhaust)...if anyone could help me out and give me some info i would really appriciate it

Thanks

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
You could troubleshoot it and find out which cylinder it is. Or you could just go get a new set of COP's (cheap) and maybe a set of plugs (cheap) That would most likely solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You could troubleshoot it and find out which cylinder it is. Or you could just go get a new set of COP's (cheap) and maybe a set of plugs (cheap) That would most likely solve the problem.
+1. mine was doing the same thing not but 2 weeks ago. changed the COP and BAM!!! good to go. :yes

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
its ignition, bro. figure out what cylinder it is and change the coil pack and all 8 plugs while your at it. if you cant read your own tuner then just go to advance, auto zone, etc and they will read the code for you for free. i wouldnt change all 8 coils though. those things add up as far as cost goes, but if you have over 15,000 miles on your plugs or close to it they r only $2 a piece for cheap ones. NGK plugs have a nice warranty though...

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing at 58k. Then one wet rainy night it went from a slight misfire at low RPMs to a misfire through all RPMs. Mine was a bad injector.

Change your sparkplugs as they are cheap and you're near 60k miles. See if the miss still continues (it most likely will). Take it to Autozone and have them read the misfire so you know what cylinder is missing. Swap coil packs from the missfiring cylinder to a good cylinder.

Wait for the CEL and read it again. If the missfire followed the coil pack, then get a new pack. If it stayed w/ the same cylinder, then it's most likely an injector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts