Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track last night for some 1/8 mile runs. Best run was a 9.5XX I have time slips in the car but no time to post now. I will later if anyone cares.

I am very unhappy overall... too many cars there that were faster than me.

Also last run I got staged behind a brand new z06 corvette who was getting stomped on all night. The guys buddy made them bring me up when I wasn't supposed to be racing him, but he didn't wanna get beat by the $15k crx next to him... The guy in the corvette ran something like an 8.1 (his best run of the night) Kind of annoying.

But anyway... Now that I have some money from working I have a few questions. After the sadness of the drag strip it is time for some upgrades.

1. Buy stock PI heads from Summit? Or used and get some minor upgrades done.
2.Cam's? (if I go the used head route)
3.LT headers
4. Basic ignition upgrades
5. Possibly 3.73 or 4.10 problem is that it is a daily driver and i am semi concerned with gas (keyword semi)

Give your opinions on all this... I'd like to try to come in under $1500 basically lookin for the most bang for the buck

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would go with the used heads/cams/intake and save the money for other mods. If your not going to go forced induction then get shorties and you can save on the ignition as well because the stock is fine for your mods. If your running an auto I'd go with the 4.10's or the 3.73's if your car is a manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts