Modded Mustang Forums banner

5301 - 5320 of 7789 Posts

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Thanks fellas. I took over 300 Pictures. these were the lucky keepers. I found it really hard to get the focus right. Manually setting it at night with very little time was tougher than I expected. I will hopefully get some better shots tonight out at my moms. Even bigger show in Grand Mound Iowa.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I was waiting too! Haha

It's a Canon 300mm f2.8 w/ IS. Sadly, it's not mine. I don't have 5 grand to spend on any new equipment :(

I checked it out at school. ****er's heavy. It was attached to a monopod and I was carrying it around like an axe.
Blutooth, myself and another friend rented a 400mm 2.8 IS from calumet for NHRA a few years back. The monopod struggle to hold it, and you get a reality check on if a photographer is really having to do any work. The weight alone is a chore, on top of it being quick with a 2ft long pumpkin in front of your face ain't easy either.

Got any shots you scored with the 300?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Blutooth, myself and another friend rented a 400mm 2.8 IS from calumet for NHRA a few years back. The monopod struggle to hold it, and you get a reality check on if a photographer is really having to do any work. The weight alone is a chore, on top of it being quick with a 2ft long pumpkin in front of your face ain't easy either.

Got any shots you scored with the 300?
I'd love to shoot with a 400mm 2.8.

It was a pretty uneventful game, but here are a few shots

I'll post a couple more when photobucket loads them..

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Didn't lug my camera to fireworks this year :(

I'll try to get some after a Senators game this season.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Great shot, man. I really like the composition.
Thanks man.

Stars were out tonight, so after our celebration I decided to give Star Trails a second attempt. The tree didn't end up being in focus but oh well

Getting the white balance correct is kinda difficult so I just made it a Black and White

·
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much
8,744 Posts
tripleA- that bike is sick !!
fun4rd- awesome shot

that looks sweet powerz

this is my girlfriends grandpas termi, just a simple in front of garage shot i edited a bit
shes only got 13k on her, so damn clean, took me for a drive today, next time i get to drive it
im buying it from him in few years when he retires and moves to florida

anyway here she is

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
tripleA- that bike is sick !!
fun4rd- awesome shot

that looks sweet powerz

this is my girlfriends grandpas termi, just a simple in front of garage shot i edited a bit
shes only got 13k on her, so damn clean, took me for a drive today, next time i get to drive it
im buying it from him in few years when he retires and moves to florida

anyway here she is
:yes there we go

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

5301 - 5320 of 7789 Posts