Modded Mustang Forums banner

7541 - 7560 of 7789 Posts

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
DSC_4873-Edit by J.M.B2009, on Flickr

Need some tips on the healing tool if any of you got any I'd appreciate it! :) . Used Patch/Healing tool in this photo.
Free advice - I like to do these edits in at least 2 layers. I strip the vehicle from the back ground just doing a clean selection. This way my edits to the vehicle and my edits to the back drop do not get tied. Then flatten, come back and do a very and I mean very subtle blur along the vehicle to background edge so the edit isn't too defined.

Sometimes it pays off to segregate a panel as well. Like the hood or a fender so you don't have to be extra cautious in tool sets.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Another good reason to work in duplicate/separate layers is so you always retain the original image. That way if you've modified or removed something 100 steps ago and decide you want it back, you can always add it from the original layer instead of undoing all of your hard work. If I've made drastic changes to an image I'll keep a layered tiff and create a JPEG.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Free advice - I like to do these edits in at least 2 layers. I strip the vehicle from the back ground just doing a clean selection. This way my edits to the vehicle and my edits to the back drop do not get tied. Then flatten, come back and do a very and I mean very subtle blur along the vehicle to background edge so the edit isn't too defined.

Sometimes it pays off to segregate a panel as well. Like the hood or a fender so you don't have to be extra cautious in tool sets.
Haven't been on since I last posted. Thanks! I'll give it a try. I need a lot of practice.

Here are some I took the other day

[/url]DSC_5043-Edit-2 by J.M.B2009, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_5031-Edit by J.M.B2009, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_4971-Edit by J.M.B2009, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
7541 - 7560 of 7789 Posts