Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill make this as quick as I can.

driving, only at maintaining speed throttle I get a squeak that happens. sounds like its coming from underneath the rear of the car. I accelerate, it goes away. I take my foot off the throttle, it goes away. 50% of the time, it doesn't even do it. when it does, its loud and honestly gets annoying quick.

squeak, squeak, squeak.

ideas?

·
Banned
416 Posts
Something with your exhaust. With the car off, get under it and see if you can shake the exhaust to see if it makes a squeaky sound.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill check it out, but if I rev it in neutral, or apply a small throttle like I would, nothing. Also, doesnt do it in neutral.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Yeah, my rear bearings are shot for the last 11,xxx miles. I'm holding out for a complete rear end rebuild, but its ridiculously annoying. If you go through corners or just barely touch the brakes does it sound worse/different?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
corners have no effect on it.

It only makes the sound when the throttle is just barely pushed. just enough to maintain the speed your going. accelerate or let off the gas a little and its gone.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Btw, this thread title is full of win lol

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
You must have missed my "smelly smell that smells smelly" thread...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ haha, I guess. let me guess, clutch?

as for this sound, its suppose to get about 20* warmer where Im at over the next few days. Ill check to see if the temp makes any difference. (freezing now) makes me wonder why it just started doing it all of a sudden though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts