Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking around for a supercharger and found a Vortech Supercharge V1 Trim that came out of a Mercury (idk the model) 3.0 Liter, I know the brackets might not work but would the supercharger work in my 2002 mustang GT? where can i find the brackets for it? its a really good deal cuz the superchager (head unit and the mercury brackets) will cost me $600, what else would I need now beside the Mustang brackets?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
is it set up to mount on the driver side or pass side? there could be a bunch you need, it might not even work. you'd probably want to call vortech and see what they say.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
As long as its the correct rotation and such you can get the brackets and everything from superchargersonline.com for really cheap.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
rotation is the key as AJM said, then you could make the rest work.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
call and make sure it is reverse rotation. I think i am correct on this.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
looks fine... AJM could prolly help you out on putting an entire kit together for a descent price. He saved a good bit by putting his own kit together.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Like these guys said, make damn sure it's the right rotation (clockwise vs counterclockwise) and call vortech to make sure you can get mounting brackets and whatnot. The other things you're going to need...

Hardware!!! Very important and often overlooked part. The wrong hardware can obviously lead to compromised strength and durability, and it can also cause you're belt to be misaligned and you're going to constantly shred $35-$50 belts.

All the piping and rubber elbows/sleeves
Intercooler (not necessary but HIGHLY recommended if you're going past 8-9 lbs of boost)
Some kind of bypass valve
Better MAF
Handheld Tuner, get whatever the person tuning your car uses
Custom Tune, Dyno or Email
Boost/vac gauge, don't get just boost
Wideband A/F, Necessary for email tunes, may not be for dyno tunes
Fuel pressure, not necessary but it's nice to know what your fuel is doing
Higher flowing fuel pump, SVT focus or GT pump (get the Gates fuel line too)
Bigger injectors, probably around 39#-42#

That's all I can think of for now

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you type so slow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
call and make sure it is reverse rotation. I think i am correct on this.
Okay everyone said to make sure is the right rotation, what type of rotation would that be? lol and you guys think this could work? because I been looking at picture of vortech in other mustang and tube(idk what that is call) is facing the passager side and the one that they are selling faces the driver side, you guys know what I mean?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Okay everyone said to make sure is the right rotation, what type of rotation would that be? lol and you guys think this could work? because I been looking at picture of vortech in other mustang and tube(idk what that is call) is facing the passager side and the one that they are selling faces the driver side, you guys know what I mean?
It doesnt matter what way the discharge tube is facing. They discharge to the drivers side on a Procharger. From the looks of the one in your picture that one discharges to the passenger side anyway. The hole with the blades faces the front of the car and sucks in air, and so the discharge tube comes off the left aka passenger side if you were looking at the charger installed in the car. I would just get the serial number from the guy and call vortech tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It doesnt matter what way the discharge tube is facing. They discharge to the drivers side on a Procharger. I would just get the serial number from the guy and call vortech tomorrow

Thanks, with the serial number I can find out more information with Vortech? such as what car and model that supercharger would fit in? or what can I find out with the serial number?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah and then call the company and takl to them.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts