Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have Bama's tune and its throwing p1000 without the cel on. Is there anyway they can remap the ecu to not have the 02's and get rid of the code. Everything else is working good I just need to pass inspection by the end of the month haha

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
They can tune the rear O2's off I believe. But I'm also pretty sure you won't pass with the rear o2's off, it throws a system not ready code.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can tune the rear O2's off I believe. But I'm also pretty sure you won't pass with the rear o2's off, it throws a system not ready code.
I guess thats were I'm at haha

Reactions: SlowSix

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just saw wrapping he 02's in tin foil and running my stock tune might work. Anyone have any input to that haha

·
Registered
398 Posts
Currently I have Bama's tune and its throwing p1000 without the cel on. Is there anyway they can remap the ecu to not have the 02's and get rid of the code. Everything else is working good I just need to pass inspection by the end of the month haha
i put a custom bama tune on mine when i put the exhaust on and the codes for the rear O2s + p1000 came up. i loaded the strategy tune with the option to cut the rears off and it worked. i emailed bama to ask if i should run the custom or strategy tune and they said the custom one. so i call them and they rewrote the tunes with the rear O2s off and havent had a problem since. i guess when they wrote the first code they forgot :dunno

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i put a custom bama tune on mine when i put the exhaust on and the codes for the rear O2s + p1000 came up. i loaded the strategy tune with the option to cut the rears off and it worked. i emailed bama to ask if i should run the custom or strategy tune and they said the custom one. so i call them and they rewrote the tunes with the rear O2s off and havent had a problem since. i guess when they wrote the first code they forgot :dunno
My bama tune turns the light off but the code is still there. Im guessing your code is not there when you check for codes with no cel?

Ill try the strategy tune man thanks.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
solved, thanks so much curse. I did the strategy tune and turned rear 02's and egr off and no cels at all. im in such good mood

·
Registered
398 Posts
solved, thanks so much curse. I did the strategy tune and turned rear 02's and egr off and no cels at all. im in such good mood
Np man. I hate having that cel on too :D

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
searched found this, this worked? im in the exact same boat, except mine expired and haven't been renewed..

difference is my lts+o/r h arent on yet, i've got code p0420 and p1000 clogged right cat

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
P1000 is not a CEL for the rear o2s. P1000 means that the drive cycle hasn't been completed. If you load in our Street or Performance tunes, the P1000 code (which will be there if you load in your stock tune, too) will be around for about 50 miles or so, and it will eventually clear itself. It will not cause a light.

The rear o2s are a separate entity. If you have an off-road exhaust system or a high flow catted system that is too high flow, and the rear o2s are left on, it will throw a P0420 and P0430 (which will throw a light on the dash) and tell you that there is an inefficiency problem with the cats. Neither a P1000 or the P0420/P0430 will affect performance, they're just a pain in the ass.

By default, the rear o2s are on in our Street and Performance tunes to pass emissions and turned off in the Race tune. If you select "Off-Road Exhaust" on our tune form, we will turn them off. 5/10 people who have off-road exhaust systems, fail to check "Yes" for off-road exhaust when they submit tune info through our form. It's our #1 Bama call. We're working on making that question larger, with neon signs, and blinking, and it should probably play music, too! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts