Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, maybe using the word diving is a little harsh, but when I press the brake pedal at highway speeds my car tends to push to the left. and when I let off the brakes it wil pop back to the right. I have replaced the pads, rotors, calipers, brackets and rubber hoses on both sides in front. bled and rebled the system. its better than it was when I forst got the car, but it is still there and in rain at 0300 it makes for some sporting driving when I have to hit the brakes quickly..

What else should I look into? suspension bushings? Car has 180K on it. I know some bushings have been replaced by the PO, but I doubt they all were. debating on getting new shocks an struts for it, just because of the mileage. Im sure that wouldnt hurt. Just not sure what I should be looking at for this braking issue.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
At 180,000 miles I would say every part on your front end is pretty much 'worn out'. I would for sure replace the front struts and check your front wheel bearings. A loose wheel bearing 'could' cause this but don't 'over tighten' them, that would really mess them up :( Check your front 'strut mounts' also :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Put rebuilt/new calipers on the front. Your problem is most likely the right one hanging up. You can hone the cylinders and put new seals in them but its a pain. Could be same problem with the rear right but not as severe a pull. Suspension may cause a terrible ride or pull to one side in normal driving but would not normally cause the braking problem you have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already put new calipers, hoses, pads and rotors in the front....

when I hit the brakes I can feel the steering wheel get pulled left which leads me to think it is in the front. I plan on ordering all new bushings and socks/struts in about a month. I also need to look at the steering rack as my steering feels odd. its kinda firm, and dosent return to center. thinking the racks valves may be slightly plugged. I can get a new one from CJ for a couple hundred.

So Im hoping with teh suspension/bushings/rack this should be solved... maybe...

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Worn ball joint most likely. Could be worn hubs, tie rod ends, upper or lower ball joint, etc.
Get it checked out. A good alignment shop should be able to tell you quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts