Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my car built up and ready for big fights, but I'm still having problems with pinging or knocking on 93 after certain psi. I'm sure is not the tune since I'm seeing oil coming up my intake pipe, so I have to dig into the motor or perhaps the turbo, but it was just rebuilt.

Anyway, Saturday night on the way home, I noticed a set of bight HID's creeping up on me like it was ready to crash into me so I moved to the center lane. He slows down right next to me - a brand new 2011 GT500. I look at him and admire his car while he admires mine. Slow down to about 50, honk 3 and gun it. As I spool and spin through third, he's quickly gaining about half length on me until I let go for a quick second and hook again around 70 at which point I had spooled enough pounds to gun it in 4th and by the time I hit 120 he was a solid 4-5 cars behind, I mean 1-2 seconds is all it took. I let go at 140 and slowed down to let him catch up. He looks at me and asked to get off the highway to talk. We go to a gas station and open up the hoods - He was running a Whipple pushing 690 whp and he was pissed! I asked him to go again, so here we go.

Pull up to a 4 lane highway with no traffic and go from a dig. He pulls a couple of cars on me up until I hit third and game over. He wants a turbo build now, but I explained to him that the weight, the aerodynamics and my build play a big role on his goals.

Point is, I took on a Whippled 2011 Shelby GT500, and I was only pushing 20 psi. Felt good, hadn't find any real power to play with lately.

·
Black Betty
3,173 Posts
Yea cause 690hp aint real power :p Sounds like a fun race though, thanks for sharing. Good kill

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yea cause 690hp aint real power :p Sounds like a fun race though, thanks for sharing. Good kill
haha thats what I was thinking....def nice man. I want to race a new one too here soon but hopefully they dont have a whipple crammed in there lol

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
wow, imagine if you could only hook through all the gears, your car is beast!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it, those nittos don't want to wear fast enough but they have to go. It hooks pretty good on 93, but ethanol, oh boy.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
very nice man! I want my car done sooo bad! It wont be near your numbers yet but ahh!

nice win good sir

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Nice kill man.. Was the gt500 black?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yea i think ive seen it around a time or 2.. Thing sounds awesome. I still cant wait to see yours man, sounds like a beast.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Working on it. Removed intercooler and piping and had a lot of oil in there from when the turbo was leaking. Now is bone dry but I'm going lean on full boost. I'm replacing the intake gasket as it is as flat as it can be and will re-check after that. If not, I'm loosing one of the fuel pumps. You know, with great power comes great responsibility.... Or in my case, lots of headaches. It's a PITA trying to figuere out what's wrong in a car that was just built by someone else, and it bothers me to find so many mistakes after I paid so much money. I have found so many issues after I got the car back from the shop that I feel like breaking someone's legs.

Getting the gaskets tomorrow and then on to more testing. I'm sure I'll end up building a new motor from here. Raise the compression and call it a day at 900 hp.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Damn man that sucks im sorry to hear about all the issues.. Theres a guy i know of who has a 6-800whp kenne bell gt s-197.. I forgot what he claimed it had but he comes through my store every so often.. You guys would be a good run.. im sure you would pull up top.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
buying someone else built car is a headache man. But it will all get figured out

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The worst part is that after I bought it, I took it to the same tuner that worked on it for the previous owner and he's the one that took me for a ride. All for me not having time to work on my ride. Now I have to MAKE the time to get this thing running right and I'm down big $$$.

Oh well, nothing better than a window sticker that reads "Built by ME".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts