Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its going to be the sn95 body style. Ive been looking at a couple and the chrome yellow caught my eye. Its $9000 with 97,000 miles (less than Kelley Blue Book) which isnt bad but im going to see if i can talk the guy into dropping the price a little bit. Has black racing stripes, smoked headlights and black leather interior. Very good condition..

Now a question. What simple mod(s) should i start with.. I know i want 4.10 gears as soon as i can.. ill probably hold on the exhaust for a little bit.. But whatelse? Are UD Pulleys efficient on cobras?

What are your inputs?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Price does sound a little high unless it is a 99. I would let my 96 go for 6700 and It has 4:10's mac O/R pro chamber K&N FIPK and other little stuff. For a stock 96-98 I would not pay more than 7000 unless it was in perfect condition.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
well kelly blue book is a money grabbing whore. seriously dont pay that much for it. i could have gotten a cobra for what i payed for my gt....yea im a dumbass. dont pay more than 7k for it or get a newedge

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Absolute first thing you need is a shifter.

T45s don't have internal shiftstops, so without an aftermarket shifter with positive shift stops, you run the risk of "overshifting" and bending a shift fork.

IIRC, there is a sticky on SN95 Cobras... :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Norman. I did retail since its a retail. I also found a black 97 cobra for $6500 with 95k miles from a private party.. I cant tell if the paint is that great or not.

Cant afford a new edge or i would!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Private party is only 7250 in your area. I would look around a little more check craigslist. I know that i have found some 99's for 9000 on their in my area and 96-98 range between 6000-8500 on craigslist.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive looked on craigslist. The best ive found was the 97 cobra with 95k miles for $6500.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If your willing to drive a little bit look in Kansas city craigs list. There was a 99 on there last week. I know its a little bit of a drive but it might be worth it. You still got your v6 stang? If so and your looking to sale it let me know. I'm looking for a v6 to drive in the winter.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
seems a little high. my slightly modded '97 was $8000 with 60,000 miles in almost perfect condition

·
Registered
649 Posts
my wife bought it for me last august, with 64000 miles on it. it did have a supercharger on it tho...and a rebuilt motor...and meth injection...and rims...

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Ah, okay.

Mine was in that same ballpark for price and mileage, only this was about 4 years ago and it was stock.

You should see the prices the used car lots 'round here advertise GTs for! I think I saw a '99 GT 'vert stickered at $12k(!) not a month ago.

·
Registered
649 Posts
thats crap. i actually saw a stock 97 cobra, green, with like 75k on it for 7000, and i know where there is a black 98 cobra with a fresh stock rebuild for about 8k.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I got my 04 with 54,xxx for 17k...oh wait...were not talking about termis...

When buying a Cobra be prepared to keep looking and saying no to a lot of them. Don't let your heart get settled on one until you sign the title and have the keys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts