Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states...

Here's what I was going to get-

[Also, where would this fit in? I read that it's great if you're going by hand. Obviously you all will be able to give more input on that, though. http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.do?q=4830&promoCode=MEGFGS49WEBPAYPC&kw={keyword}&gclid=CO2CgP-2t7QCFQGvnQodg1YATg ]

Wash-
Car Wash Shampoo is a gentle-cleansing liquid gel car wash Car Wash Shampoo

Wax- Nr 1 Grade Yellow Carnauba Automotive Paste Wax

Glaze+Sealant (?)
Detailers Radiant Finish Kit - In order to deliver the most vibrant and radiant of finishes you will need the right tools.

Towels/Pads-
Chemical Guys MIC_1000_3 - 530xl Extremely Thick Heavy Weight Microfiber Towel (3 Pack)

&

Microfiber Auto Detailing Towel El Gordo BIG

&

Chemical Guys ACC_110 - Premium Extra Thick Wash Pad

&

Chemical Guys MIC_721 - Miracle Dryer Absorber Deluxe Super Premium Microfiber Towel, 25" x 36"

&

Dublo-Dual Sized Premium Red Foam Car Wax Sealant and Glaze Applicator ****(2 pack)

&

AutoDetailing Wax/Sealant/Dressing Foam Applicator

Quick Detailer-
(Is this right?)
Pink Quick Detail Spray and Clay Lube with Carnauba

Buying buckets at Lowe's

Last thing-

If I buy the one yr membership on Detailer's Domain, it will work on the Chemical Guys website, correct?

Please correct if anything here is wrong.

Thanks guys. Sorry for all of the questions/threads

·
Do not touch the trim!
16 Posts
Everything looks good to go other than the wax in my opinion. I've used XXX, but wasn't a huge fan of it as far as shine/depth. If you can swing the Pete's 53' or 50/50 I would go that route. I've never used the Pink QD though - I always use the Hybrid V7 as a QD instead. On the compound - I would just get it from CG since you're ordering from there. I use their V34-V38, but have no experience with the Meguiars.

Edit: Not sure about the DD membership. I'm on their forum and order from them every now and then, but can't confirm that.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I'll eliminate the Pink from the list since it isn't necessary. Thanks for the input on the wax, but I am probably still going to start with it since I'm a broke ass college student and some others seemed to like it for a starter wax. I appreciate the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts