Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to Cobras and the forums I thought I would post up and say hi...hi
I also wanted to post up check for you guys thoughts. I have been looking for my next car to add to the collection and I think I am about to pull the trigger on a modded black 2003 cobra. The car is a local car to me. The owner purchased the car stock and within the last 2000 miles has add the mods listed below. Currently the car has 68k miles. Let me know what you guys think.
-Wes

Kenne bell 2.4 supercharger
92 mm billet flow idlers as well as a 100mm snub idler
4LB Metco interchangable crank pulley with a larger Alternator pulley
Fluidyne heat exchabger with the larger than stock ice tank/coolant tank for the intercooler
C&L intake
BA2800 MAF
Kenne bell boost-a-spark
Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump
JBA shorty headers
UPR off road x-pipe
magnaflow catback with custom black/chrome 4" tips
tinted tail lights
315 nitto rear tires on chrome 17" cobra R rims.
Kenne brown torque brace,
aftermarket Diff cover with deflection cap bolts
synthetic fluids
H&R race springs
Bilstein shocks/struts,
Maximum motorsports rear tierod kit
MM 4 way adjustable caster camber plates
MM adjustable sway bar endlinks
SCT x-cal 3 (dynosport tune)
60# injectors
Steeda Tri-AX shifter base with the billet shifter
dual gauge dash pod (narrow band and boost gauge)
custom embroydered SVT cobra headrests
tinted windows
Mach 460 stereo (factory) with 6 disc cd player in-dash
SLP line lock

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I always wonder why people sell their cars immediately after building it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
still working on the price at the moment.

moving cross country and cant take all the toys...trust me if he wasnt moving the car would not be for sale.
I would be careful though. The cost of shipping a car really is not much considering all the work he put into it. And judging by the mods, those 68k miles where probably pretty brutal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be careful though. The cost of shipping a car really is not much considering all the work he put into it. And judging by the mods, those 68k miles where probably pretty brutal.
The car is local to me. He is moving and cant take the car with him. I know the car and the tuner. The car was stock up until roughly 2k miles ago.
-wes

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I always wonder why people sell their cars immediately after building it.
Because sometimes they don't plan ahead and overspend on it, then the brokenness kicks in and need to sell and get money back.

Apparently not the case here.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
What does he have it listed for? Surely you aren't going to "pull the trigger" on something that doesn't have a price.

Have you driven the car yet? People make up all kinds of excuses for selling cars, he may be selling because he is moving, but that may not be the only reason...just something to consider

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would stay away from it. Who puts all that money into a car to drive it 2k miles then sell it? My guess is something with the car has him worried/unhappy. Keep looking, I'd rather search hard and pay a little more for a bone stock '04 with 20-30k miles than get a 650rwhp beast from someone with 60k hard miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, I know the seller and the car. I am not worried about the health of the car at all as an MPI inspection compression and leakdown test has been performed. I was just wondering what you guys thought about what I am getting. thanks
-wes

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Price?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Guys, I know the seller and the car. I am not worried about the health of the car at all as an MPI inspection compression and leakdown test has been performed. I was just wondering what you guys thought about what I am getting. thanks
-wes
Oh well you made it seem like you were asking about reliability issues or whether or not you should trust the seller. You should always be worried about the health of a used sports car after 50k miles though. Make sure the transmission shifts smoothly.

What your getting?

A monster. Have fun with it for me. I have always wanted a termi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts