Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 99 Gt abs light occasionally flashes. The error code is p1222. Its saying my front wheel speed is 45mph, and my rear wheel is 40mph. Is this a major issue? I do have "big-n-littles" on my car that i just recently installed. Will this cause A braking issue? thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Big n littles = no abs

The front and rear tires need to be within a certain percentage of one another for abs to work. Otherwise it will throw a code and the light.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
my 99 Gt abs light occasionally flashes. The error code is p1222. Its saying my front wheel speed is 45mph, and my rear wheel is 40mph. Is this a major issue? I do have "big-n-littles" on my car that i just recently installed. Will this cause A braking issue? thanks.
UNPLUG YOUR ABS SENSORS UNDER THE REAR SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Different circumference tires will trigger this code and make the ABS not function properly. Have you notived the pulsation in the brake pedal occasionally prior to the ABS light illuminating? This is the ABS motor releasing and reapplying your brakes due to the difference in speeds between front and rear. Understand? Basically your car thinks that you have locked the brakes and it is trying to release them. It takes long enought for the computer to realize this to become a safety issue. Anytime you change the speed signals you should disconnect the sensors which will throw the ABS instantly into malfunction mode which bypasses the ABS system completely allowing the driver ACTUAL CONTROL of the braking system. You will also get the added benefit of the traction control being disabled along with the ABS.

I friggin despise ABS, stability control, traction control or any of that crap that disengages my control of a car. Unplug and ride on. If you hate the light on the dash just pull the instrument panel apart, mask off the area on the back side where the ABS light is and paint it black with spray paint. Instant fix.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Its just because your front tires are a different diameter than the rear. The abs system can get really picky, my light has come on with same size tires inflated differently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts