Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A Fiddler from Birth
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ABS light on getting nothing back w/ scanner, + exhaust

Hey my abs light used to turn on every once in a while, then go off and stay off, then got to the point where it was mostly on, now it is always on and only once in the last month it has shortly off. When i took it to Ford dealer they did a full check on everything and when they scanned for ABS light the computer will send nothing back about it, i also did this at chevron (where i work) got the same result. If anyone has an idea or anything let me know. can i just get like the computer out of a wreaked car?

·
A Fiddler from Birth
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i have an exhaust leak, and its getting pretty bad, i want to run a side exhaust set up kinda like saleen, but i want some nice flowing exhaust to get more power and also keep that nice deep sound, what kind of pipes cats, exhaust etc, to get top hp?

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Your going to only get a maximum of 5 HP with exhaust with any setup unless you run long tube headers. And that 5 hp is being optimistic.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Hey my abs light used to turn on every once in a while, then go off and stay off, then got to the point where it was mostly on, now it is always on and only once in the last month it has shortly off. When i took it to Ford dealer they did a full check on everything and when they scanned for ABS light the computer will send nothing back about it, i also did this at chevron (where i work) got the same result. If anyone has an idea or anything let me know. can i just get like the computer out of a wreaked car?

Have you tried disconnecting the negative cable from the battery?

·
A Fiddler from Birth
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mac LT's look pretty sick what cats and mufflers would you run? and size pipe? sorry for all the questions im just 18, haven't done exhaust before, and know the best way to learn is from experience.

·
Registered
662 Posts
mac LT's no cats, H-pipe, then flow 40's or thrush welds. those seem to be the most common set ups. you can run cats if youd like but most people say **** it and delete them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts