Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the abs light on my 96 gt started randomly turning on then back off today, it did it maybe 10 times. the fuse isn't popped and the car is breaking fine, should i worry about it? I just put a 373 gear in it but i don't know if that would effect anything...so basicaly should i worry about it and if i should where should i start?

thanks,
-calvin

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
check brake fluid levels, and your pads.could be time for new ones

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yea, there's a level sensor that monitors the brake fluid level but normally I believe that turns on the brake light, do you have different front and rear tire sizes?

·
Registered
283 Posts
You probably have an abs sensor going out or dirty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same front and rear tire size, pads and fluids are good, probably just a censor i'm not gonna worry about it too much, it didn't even happen today

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah it could just be a bad sensor. My coolant light always pops on and off at random times. Il hit the break pedal and it will turn on then il shift into 2nd gear and off it goes lol plus i know my coolant system is fine. Everything works and the car doesnt overheat. Our sensors are 15 years old now so id imagine they would start getting gunked up or dirty and start failing even from pure old age.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
just as an fyi for anyone looking at doing these sensors - theyre expensive. like about $100 for each corner. and dealer only parts. be careful when dropping down or working on the front or rear ends of your cars if you want to avoid breaking these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts