Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well randomly my ABS light comes on and my fun button lights up as well (traction control button) lol. I took it to schucks and they only have a code reader for engine lights has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what the hell is going on its getting pretty annoying!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I know another guy posted similar...but it was exactly the same as mine but thread kinda died off with no answer...I always run my car with the trac. Off so its always lit but if I haul ass from first to like the top of 2nd and slam the brakes my abs lights up

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Although that isn't my problem.... I guess it could be his...mine rarely does it...used to do it a lot before I swapped in slotted vented rotors and duralast gold ceramic brakes...wish I woulda got a better pad though

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
make sure there isnt crap stuck to the magnet in the end of the sensor, you will be surprised what builds up around it.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
As far as your "fun button" goes, the ABS controls the trac cont, so If the ABS light stays on it turns off the ABS system which will turn off trac cont. Other than the annoying light, it won't affect your brakes other than you won't have the antiloc system on, as long as its an electrical problem. Your brakes should otherwise work fine. If they don't, its not electrical. Only thing you can do is check the sensors and wires for breaks and cleanliness like everyone said. If you don't find anything, you will have to get the codes read. Each component will set off a different code, so you won't be guessing which one it is.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good info thanks guys whatand where is my MC resovior?? Where is my sensor located, so I can look at it for cleanlyness?? the only thing is the closest shop that I can get the code reader is 1 hour away!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Your MC (master cylinder) is on the firewall driver side...its a lil reservoir with a black cap...I'd get you a pic but its raining outside

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got ya mybad didnt really get the MC!! are the sensors located on the front tires?? this weekend I have to replace my left side rear upper control arm so I will have it on a lift anyways and I have to change my fuel filter, should be a good time sorry tjo change a little on this thread but, do you know anothere way to get the old bushing out of the axle housing othere than drilling it out??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.