Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my abs delete block I decided I wanted to get rid of the harness. Everything thing I could find to read on it said to just unpin the harness going to the passengers side .Then then it said to cut the wires going to the fuse box and heat shrink them. Has anyone ever deleted their abs harness and if so how exactly did you do it?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I'm trying to find a good wiring schematic with no luck.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
i removed mine. just strip the black tape/sheath off the harness, trace each wire one at a time, and de-pin them out of the connector. one or two go to the fuse box i think, just depin those too.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i removed mine. just strip the black tape/sheath off the harness, trace each wire one at a time, and de-pin them out of the connector. one or two go to the fuse box i think, just depin those too.
4 or 5 went to a connector and 2 went to the underhood fuse box. I unpinned those. However you still have 7 or 8 wires going through the firewall. I purchased a complete set of Ford shop manuals including wiring diagrams. That should help me identify where they go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ford shop manuals really helped. Definitely worth what I paid for them. I was able to trace out all of the wiring and unpin the abs system. It will definitely be a much cleaner setup and I don't have to be concerned about wires that were cut and just laying in the harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts