Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting an ac delete kit. what exactly can you remove? i saw the kit and it was just a faux pulley, dont they give you caps for all the compressors and all that ****? and is it worth it? my car is a summer car, but i think this summer i used the ac...maybe twice. i usually have the windows down instead of ac. so that isnt a factor. im just wondering if its worth it.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
You'll save maybe 30-40 lbs. Parasitic draw should stay the same with the fake pulley. I am keeping mine as long as I can.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think id actually get it just to clear up the engine bay with all those lines and crap but if there isnt much of anything there to gain, ill keep it

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw did you cut your headlight out? lol just your headlight, not the signal?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Yeah I just cut the head light. Its pretty much like a funnel leading directly to the filter.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I did a A/C delete on my 2004. I never used the A/C anyway. I noticed a slight difference in my launches but nothing major. I removed less than 30lbs from the front of the car doing it. 30 lbs is equivalent to maybe 2 1/2 rwhp on my car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Depends on your location and do you really want to go through that work for 30lbs. I helped my buddy remove his AC, condensor, compressor and heater core, glad I kept mine!
If you are adding a lot of power add-ons, you'll make up for the parasitic loss of the AC. So you not only have a suped up ride but have the luxuries of AC to boot.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Look up the thread about how to delete it without pulleys. I did, but it was harder because of the blower. In that thread not only do you delete the AC, but you also get rid of 2 other idlers. You just need to look up that thread for the belt size.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Depends on your location and do you really want to go through that work for 30lbs. I helped my buddy remove his AC, condensor, compressor and heater core, glad I kept mine!
If you are adding a lot of power add-ons, you'll make up for the parasitic loss of the AC. So you not only have a suped up ride but have the luxuries of AC to boot.
How hard was the heater core removal?

·
Registered
142 Posts
How hard was the heater core removal?
It was on my friend's 1994 Chevy S10, wasn't too bad because we had removed the entire dashboard. My friend was designing a new one for his truck and he decided to get rid of the heater core b/c it was blowing out hot air with heat off. Aside from pulling the dashboard out, I'm pretty sure we just unbolted it and pulled it through the firewall into the cab of the truck. I believe there was a vacuum line that we just plugged with a screw and then taped it. As for the whole that was left from the heater core we just cut a small piece of sheet metal and welded it to the firewall.

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Look up the thread about how to delete it without pulleys. I did, but it was harder because of the blower. In that thread not only do you delete the AC, but you also get rid of 2 other idlers. You just need to look up that thread for the belt size.
Do you have a link to this thread? My Ac line is blown and i want to just get rid of it completely... everything. the compressor, lines, condenser, all that junk. i know it wont add much hp but it will help a little bit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
+1 best thing Ive read all day

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Do you have a link to this thread? My Ac line is blown and i want to just get rid of it completely... everything. the compressor, lines, condenser, all that junk. i know it wont add much hp but it will help a little bit.
I don't remember the link. Just search all the AC delete threads.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
On my Corolla, doing an AC delete was one of the best things I ever did. I pulled about 30 lbs of crap out, cleaned up the engine bay, and lost about 5hp worth of parasitic loss.

Of course, that was a 2,000lb car with a 65hp engine, so 5hp and 30lbs was a noticable difference!

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
if you just look at it you should be able to figure it out its really easy u need the tool to disconnect the lines at the firewall. hardest part was finding a belt that fit the belt size escapes me right now ill try to remember to post it.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
just wanna throw it out there and will prob get bashed for it but the more things your belt is turning its a loss of power. hince y supers take power to make power.. if u dont wanna get rid of the ac totally y not buy a shorter belt and just bypass the ac im gonna this winter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts