Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 98 gt and with my ac on "max ac" only the highest notch on the ac works. when you switch down the ac completely shuts off. so your either freezing or you have no air at all :D.. any help would be appreciated

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where could i get a new one?

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like you need a new blower fan resistor you should be able to get one at any local parts store.
and where would that be located? sorry about all the questions.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
dont worry about the questions bro. youll have to get under the dash/glovebox on the passenger side and next to the heater core assembly. the resistor will be right next to the fan and motor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
sounds like you need a new blower fan resistor you should be able to get one at any local parts store.
+1...you can always turn the fan to speed 1 or 2, and check to see if you have power at the resistor. If power is getting to it but not coming back out to the fan...bad resistor, but if power never makes it to the resistor...maybe switch. Power should be what ever the battery has, usually around 12.0 volts +/- (with the key in "run", engine not running). I would place my wagers on the resistor though!

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so how do i check if its getting power or not?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts