Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess if you bought a GT premium or upgraded interior you got the chrome flaps. Where can I find the black ones? I looked on Ebay and cant find them. Also how hard are they to take out?

Cars black on black , figured be a nice little upgrade touch.

·
Registered
225 Posts
just pull the they pop right out with no problem

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
i guess trade with someone who wants them :dunno

·
Registered
480 Posts
I wanna switch mine out too, the chrome just looks out of place IMO, you got those and the bezel around the gauges that are the only chrome things in the car. I just want some satin vents.

You also might want to watch out for the vents peeling too. About 5 months ago my two center vents(closest to radio) got really bad and started peeling all around, bubbling on the parts where it was about to peel off of. Dealer took care of it, but they were trying to tell me that's just wear and tear on the car. They try to get out of so much little **** it's annoying.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
mine is silver with chrome along with my dash... i want the black one too but im also thinking of just getting a carbon fiber kit from ebay and have my vent's sanded and carbon fibered out...

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So nobody has found them online to be purchased? What If i pulled them out and just painted them?

I also like the black dash instead of chrome. Like the bullets have.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So nobody has found them online to be purchased? What If i pulled them out and just painted them?

I also like the black dash instead of chrome. Like the bullets have.
This is the best price that you will find on a new vent, but still too expensive IMO.

Mustang A/C Vents

I swapped mine out with another MM member that is local. If you can find someone with the vents you want that is the way to go. Might check with a few salvage yards to see if they have any 6's or GT's with the base interior. The vents are easy to remove...just open the vent and place your fingers through. Grab the rear of the vent assembly and pull. Sometimes you have to rotate them slightly but it should be a simple process.

Here's what the black vents w/ chrome bezels look like in a silver dash.

BTW...the Bullitt dash has a machined aluminum look and isn't black.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow over 100 bucks for the friggin things. Thats re-cockulous. GGrr....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just found a guy local to swap. Haha try asking people with Mustangs that you see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts