Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the sitch- I have ONE bad coil that is cracked at the connector and has been causing headaches all over the place for me. My move is to replace ONE (1) coil pack with the Accel COP from Advance Auto. Reasoning? It's only $34 and I could probably buy one a week until all eight are in.

My question is- is this going to affect my car at all, running on stock/Accel coils all together? Or is this a bad move on my part? I like the price of the coils, and I like the fact that for about 75% less than stock, I can get my problems fixed. Plus, finding just ONE coil pack for sale used is hard to come by. I highly doubt that it would severely affect any performance/mileage/cruising manners, but I want someone with a little more experience to chime in. Thanks guys!

Input?

·
Registered
627 Posts
From what I've read and heard aftermarket coils are garbage. The stockers do a better job and last longer. This is what I've been told and seen on different forums. If I were you I'd look on ebay for a stock set.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
^ :yes....Not to put down anyone with aftermarket ones as I have seen people that have had great results with them but from what ive seen/heard/read and what some of the best tuners around have said OEM is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
go to advance and get oem replacements. they have a decent warranty too.

·
Registered
689 Posts
i saw a brand new set of 8 motorcraft (stock) coils on ebay for $80 shipped... i would do that instead of paying $45 each time for the motorcraft ones.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i saw a brand new set of 8 motorcraft (stock) coils on ebay for $80 shipped... i would do that instead of paying $45 each time for the motorcraft ones.
thats a good deal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts