Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of the accel coil packs , how good are they ? do you gain any power ? They are cheaper than new stock ones but just wondering if i would gain anything with them

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Now here is a topic I just learned about. lol... I just installed 8 brand new Accel Super Coils... I bought all 8 from Mr Gasket and paid $240.00 with shipping. They produce more energy witch they say produces a stronger spark, witch means it burns fuel better... Will you gain horse power.....NOPE....But is will produce less carbon build up.. Acell says they will last just as long as the stock ones if not longer. As you can tell I spoke directly with Acell tec... Plus they look prety when u open the hood...lol

·
Registered
867 Posts
jrfan4life said:
Now here is a topic I just learned about. lol... I just installed 8 brand new Accel Super Coils... I bought all 8 from Mr Gasket and paid $240.00 with shipping. They produce more energy witch they say produces a stronger spark, witch means it burns fuel better... Will you gain horse power.....NOPE....But is will produce less carbon build up.. Acell says they will last just as long as the stock ones if not longer. As you can tell I spoke directly with Acell tec... Plus they look prety when u open the hood...lol
Post a pic when you get a chance, I'd like to see how they look.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Post a pic when you get a chance, I'd like to see how they look.
+1

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Ok... I am in the process of designing some wire brackets to get that fat ignition wire running down both sides of the engine to the coils off of the valve covers. It just collects dirt and grime there. Plus it will give the engine compartment a cleaner look. I also bought some Ford Racing blue wire loom to wrap around it all.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
I installed these when we did the heads and cams.
They work great. They helped the car to start up better and as stated they provide a better spark.

You may see a gain of 1 or 2 horse but that is not good enough reason to run out and buy them. They are yellow in color.

I know a few people that swear their cars are running stronger after having swapped them in.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
ive been lately hearing a lot of bad stuff about the aftermarket coils. a lot of people are having problems with them failing after a couple thousand miles

·
Registered
210 Posts
ive been lately hearing a lot of bad stuff about the aftermarket coils. a lot of people are having problems with them failing after a couple thousand miles
I was told same thing by two different mustang shops in my area one said the only aftermarket coils that hold up good are the MSD Coils and expect a hefty pricetag think they run about $499-549 depending on where you get them, thats for the set of 8.

Factory is gonna run you around $300-$350
Accel $225-$275
Granatelli-$450-$500
MSD-$500-$550

but like he said ive heard bad things about both the granatelli and accel coils most people suggest replacing with stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts