1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
179 Posts
unfortunately there's no place for the intercooler...

but it's a good news ! I hope in the futur version he will add space for the intercooler

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He intended to run meth injection from the start.

I kinda think it would be useful for a nice intake on an already turbo/centri boosted application....

I was thinking how cool it would be to mount an FR500 intake on B heads fed by a turbo.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
can someone explain meth injection to me real quik, i havent heard to much about it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
can someone explain meth injection to me real quik, i havent heard to much about it.
Basically injecting meth it into the motor causes a massive cooling effect and raises the octane which allows one to run more timing/boost before getting detonation.

Gas normally detonates at a certain pressure and/or heat. Octane rating of gas is how resilient to this effect the gas is. Running meth basically raises the octane of pump gas. So you can compress it slightly more and get it slightly hotter before it wants to detonate on its own.

If you ran say 10lbs of boost on pump gas and you couldnt run more without detonation, you could now run 12-15lbs of boost while spraying the meth and it would be just as safe. (fictional example)

Nitrous also has this cooling effect but unlike meth it directly adds oxygen which is how it increases power. Meth doesnt directly give you power, but makes your fuel better so you can get more out of it.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Check with Jumperjack he made room for his intercooler. Also, why not just swap in a termie engine? You're going to spend $3k on the fab, and install fore this. Just buy a termi engine, and do it that way.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
very true, i wish i would run across a junked termi

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Teksids are better in my opinion.

Teksid has 6 bolt main vs termies 4 bolt main
Aluminum vs Iron (roughly 90lbs heavier)
Teksid block rated to handle 1600hp.
Aluminum disperses heat better and will run cooler than Iron.

Termi motor comes forged but people still upgrade those internals yet again for more power. These better components or further customisations can be made like different compression ratio, stroke, boring etc. If you are going to do it anyway why not start with the better block?

The first revision C heads have the cooling problem which needs fixed too.

Teksids are everywhere in junk yards and since they can be found outside of mustangs they are more plentiful than termi setups.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I know a Teksid is better, so please save me the wikipedia read. I'm talking in reality, to do what you want is not as coast effective as you may think. Are you going to make over 600rwhp? If not then you really won't need the teksid. Now I know that you're infatuated with weight savings so here is an idea. Drive that car over to Dearborn, and have Livernois drop in a 298 stroker, and put a Pro Charger D-1SC on it, and a T-56 Viper Spec. Finish it off with a nice set of CCW drag wheels, and enjoy having one of the fastest cars in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm planning a single turbo for my build. Running what it does I already win many more than I lose around here.

I think focusing on suspension more will help me use what I'm already making. I'd probably go with larger cubes before running a stroker.

At first I thought this adapter would allow any C head bolt pattern item to bolt up but I guess thats not the case.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Where are you racing? Remember we have the same stomping grounds. I think you may have raced a few stock GT autos, but Wooward used to be my cruise spot, and I raced down on French Rd, and I knew everyone that was decently quick. I would race in Port Huron, and Flint too. I even went as far as Kzoo to settle a couple callouts.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you racing? Remember we have the same stomping grounds. I think you may have raced a few stock GT autos, but Wooward used to be my cruise spot, and I raced down on French Rd, and I knew everyone that was decently quick. I would race in Port Huron, and Flint too. I even went as far as Kzoo to settle a couple callouts.
Theres quite a bit more than stock autos for sure. I've had plenty of nice kills around here. Of course lots are faster but thats because mid 12s in the qtr is nothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts