Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for my own piece of mind I added some hood pins to the ride, just incase.... Was pretty upset after I drilled two holes through my nice hood but in the end they turned out ok. I know some of you dont like the pins but I felt it was needed, as I have lost a fiberglass hood or two in the past. At least now It wont be on my mind. So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I like.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
verry nice! how much and hat kind are they and where did you get em?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
verry nice! how much and hat kind are they and where did you get em?

They are made by trans dapt. Im not sure where you can get them as I bought them at my local speed shop. If I remember correctly I though have seen them at either Mustangs Unlimited or Summitt. Might want to try both.

The rest of you guys thanks for the comps.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
Thanks man! yeah they looked sooo good on your car you inspired me to get some! I never did like hood pins because they had a pin sticking out of em! n now no pin extruding out so MINE! lol thanks!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man! yeah they looked sooo good on your car you inspired me to get some! I never did like hood pins because they had a pin sticking out of em! n now no pin extruding out so MINE! lol thanks!
No problem
That was the exact reason I went with these.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
did you take you stock hood latch off? because the kit I have said it doesn't replace stock hood latch... and did you remove the hood rubber bumpers? thanks!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
did you take you stock hood latch off? because the kit I have said it doesn't replace stock hood latch... and did you remove the hood rubber bumpers? thanks!

The stock latch is still in place and operable. I put the pins in for saftey reasons and a piece of mind. I would never rely on just hood pins without a latch. To the other ? Yes the stock hood bumpers are off refer to the pics.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Opal ~ you don't need reasons to post pics of your car. Just insert one randomly into other people's threads. Doesn't matter. Seeing that car makes me happy. Now go! Go randomly post like I said ;) make my day :)

Pins look good. car looks good. scenery looks good. Triple threat kicks ass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris, you have hood pins now? Pics?

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
I now 2 have the same hood locks/pins on my car! :rockon

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those look great! Those flush-type ones are the ones to get. Where did you order them from and how much were they?

May be a dumb question (it is), but how do they work? When opening & closing your hood.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:cool:

Those look great! Those flush-type ones are the ones to get. Where did you order them from and how much were they?

I got them at a local speed shop but im sure Summitt would have them. I think they were like $25.

May be a dumb question (it is), but how do they work? When opening & closing your hood.

No different from closing your stock hood. Simply shut the hood then lock the pins , done. Just dont forget to unlock the pins before you pop the hood to open it. LOL

What kind of body kit do you have?
Its a Saleen s281 with a heat extractor hood.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts