Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the benefit to the Plenum spacer between u/l intake? More air space or less heat transfer or more? Would there be any ill effect to adding a spacer to the rear plate on a typhoon upper intake? It has a removeavle plate on the end opposite the throttle body and I like to be creative and thought about making a 3/8 or 1/2 spacer to out there if more air volume in there would be any benefit... or even just as long as it wouldn't hurt anything performance wise... I was hoping you could buy some.of that Plenum spacer material but I can't find anything so was just going to make out of aluminium ....

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
All it does is add plenum volume and runner length. If it's made of a phenolic material, and located between the upper and lower intakes, then it helps hinder heat transfer. Most likely it will move your powerband a little lower in the rpm range and you'll run out of breath a little sooner if your intake is actually a restriction. Since it looks like you still have stock heads, it shouldn't hurt your top end.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK that's mainly what I wanted to make site that it wouldn't hinder performance ... thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts