Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started this project and have some ?'s

First this is a PI swap car with MHS stage 2 PI cams. SVO intake is port matched to the PI's.

Do I need 24lb injectors or will my stock 19lb'ers suffice (I have an adjustable FPR)?

Also, if I do 24lb injectors, I'll need a tune. I currently have a AM/Bama tune. I know I'll have to call them for an answer, but anyone have them tune for bigger injectors? Or is it "too modified" for them to tune it.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You will need 24's and a calibrated maf. I would recommend at least an 80mm.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Also, if I do 24lb injectors, I'll need a tune. I currently have a AM/Bama tune. I know I'll have to call them for an answer, but anyone have them tune for bigger injectors? Or is it "too modified" for them to tune it.
We can for some injectors, depending on how extreme they are. We can definitely tune for a set of 24lb injectors, without a problem!

Feel free to give the Bama team a call and they'll hook you up!

-Dan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
kinda sounds like what im doing except a bullit manifold on a pi swap with pi cams. not to steal the thread but does this mean i need 24lbs too?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I have the sct x3 tuner, and with it am able to tune for 24 or 30lb injectors, as well as bigger MAF, this without getting any custom tune, the options come in the basic programming. Be aware, AM or Bama will NOT write you a tune for any stage 2 cam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the sct x3 tuner, and with it am able to tune for 24 or 30lb injectors, as well as bigger MAF, this without getting any custom tune, the options come in the basic programming. Be aware, AM or Bama will NOT write you a tune for any stage 2 cam
Yes they will. I got my tune for my car with the PI swap and my MHS stage 2 PI cams two years ago from them and I have to say I'm VERY impressed with it. This was for my xcal 2 tuner.

Is there anything else I can do to this intake? I thought there was an in depth article on this intake somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yes they will. I got my tune for my car with the PI swap and my MHS stage 2 PI cams two years ago from them and I have to say I'm VERY impressed with it. This was for my xcal 2 tuner.

Is there anything else I can do to this intake? I thought there was an in depth article on this intake somewhere, but can't seem to find it.
Strange. I can only speak from personal experience when i called Bama. I was told by 2 different employees they were unable to write me a custom tune for my stage 2 cams. This was 11 months ago. Maybe things have changed. Either way, good luck with the mods man!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts