Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am going to put two 10 inch subs in my trunk and I am going to make the box removable for when I go to the track. My question is, what is the best way to tap into the existing system to get the RCA cables to my amp? I thought there was an adapter you could buy that goes on the factory amps but not sure. Also where is the best place to tap in for the remote wire for the amp?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
OK, I am going to put two 10 inch subs in my trunk and I am going to make the box removable for when I go to the track. My question is, what is the best way to tap into the existing system to get the RCA cables to my amp? I thought there was an adapter you could buy that goes on the factory amps but not sure. Also where is the best place to tap in for the remote wire for the amp?
Seeing as rear speakers are absolutely worthless, I'd pick up a LOC (line out converter), and tap into those. For a remote turn on, I'd just grab the most accessible wire that's hot with the key turned on.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you will need a line out converter and you can tap them into the either the rear speaker wires or into the amp signal wire but it has to be pre-amp

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you know what color the amp signal wire is in the car?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
here you go for an 09 mustang. All these wires are at the radio harness

Battery RED/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory GRAY/YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK/ORANGE (-) RADIO HARNESS
Amp Turn On DARK GREEN/VIOLET & GRAY/BLACK (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) ORANGE/LIGHT GREEN
LF Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE/WHITE
RF Speaker (+) WHITE/LIGHT GREEN
RF Speaker (-) DARK GREEN/ORANGE
LR Speaker (+) GRAY/LIGHT BLUE
LR Speaker (-) TAN/YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) ORANGE/RED
RR Speaker (-) BROWN/PINK

Reactions: Marios197

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I am lost.What does tapping into the rears do?Can i put some better speakers in their place.
for those that are trying to add aftermarket subs and amps in their vehicel the LOC (line out converter) ties into the rear speakers and takes the frequencies and sends and converts them so that RCA connections can be used for proper signal.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
it will:yes but if you want to save a little money the other way will suffice and the part should be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
not that i am aware of. you have to take 2 things into consideration. One being that most aftermarkets subs will need a decent amount of power in order to be used at its optimum potential, and 2 see that the sub that you will be putting in there will have to be able to run off of "free air" as it technically isn't in an enclosure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.