Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've searched around a bit, and haven't gotten much good info...

I have a 1000w Kenwood amp and 2 - 10" Rockford Fosgate subs... got them from my sister, they came with her car when she bought it, and she never uses them...

how do I hook these up to a stock Mach460 system? I'm guessing there's got to be an adapter I have to buy or something?

I don't want to get a new headunit, because I have a convertible, and don't want it broken into... but just want to use the subs until I get a coupe, and throw the subs into that...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you need a line out converter. they splice into your speaker wires

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
+ 1 i was just was gonna say that.

·
Registered
812 Posts
they dont work AS good as a CD player with outputs. I had one in my 07 Balt SS and it fried a cuple times but the local place I bought it from replaced it for free like 4 times. I was running a 2400 watt amp though, just somthing to keep in mind

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome, thanks! (I know this is a month old, but installing them was put on hold, haha)

stupid question though, that one says (or at least on bestbuy where I found the same thing) that it's designed for headunits with 80w per channel... is a Mach 460 too much for it?

and out of curiosity, I have underdrive pulleys... but also had a smaller alternator pulley with them, so I shouldn't have a problem will I?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts