Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my shocks tonight and put them on. theyre 8way adjustable and im jw, for drag racing what would i want to set them at? 8 is stiff 1 is soft.. i have lowering springs and thats it. no lca or uppers. what you guys think? oo on mickey thompsons

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Well for street driving i would probably set them at 4ish all the way around. Or maybe have front 1 stiffer.

For track i would turn it up, im not sure what would work best. You want front a little bit stiffer so that the rear has give, but you want the rear stiff enough so power isnt being robbed. And the front needs to be stiff enough so that you don't nose dive between shifts (mostly first and second gear).

Might want to try playing with different settings at track. But start out as 7-8 in front and maybe 5-6 in back? Like i said, would need to talk to one of the suspension guys on here.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ryans advice sounds about rights those are about the same settings strange suggests with their 10 ways. Only way to find out for sure is to keep setting the differently and hit the track for a day!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
you will want to set the front on the quickest expansion rating. so they go up fast but come down slow. thats why they have 90/10 struts. and also you will want the rear to be set in the middle at 50/50. you can fine tune it from there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts