Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have rear adjustable lower control arms, when you adjust the spring height, do you worry about the upper control arm bushings binding? Do you have to loosen the bolt to the UCA also, so its not preloading the bushing?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking, but i was having an issue and asked a tech at maximum motorsports, and he told me that they would bind and to loosen the UCA when i'm adjusting the LCA spring height. I had never heard that, and didnt know if that was correct info.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Maybe they would bind if they weren't lubricated properly or if the bolts were overtightened.

The suspension is designed to accommodate movement like that. Every time you take a turn, go over a bump, use a driveway, etc....the suspension articulates and flexes.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Maybe he was talking about the pinion agle possibly binding after you lower or raise it? If you wanted to keep the same pinion angle as before you raised or lowered it you would have to adjust the control arm length.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Those who have rear adjustable lower control arms, when you adjust the spring height, do you worry about the upper control arm bushings binding? Do you have to loosen the bolt to the UCA also, so its not preloading the bushing?
if your talking about stock upper bushings then yes you will have bind & should loosten the uca bolts.

stock bushings are nothing like aftermarket poly ones & do not allow the sleeves to rotate on the bushing.

the movement from stock bushings is accomplished by the rubber flexing only, it's fused to the shell & the sleeve.

not only that, but Dave is right in that deviating from stock height will have a drastic effect on the pinion angle. if you choose to run adjustable spring perch lower control arms (not recomended) then adjustable uca's are a must to keep the pinion angle under control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts