Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i realize somewhere theres probably an old thread about this but instead of reviving an old thread i just wanted to start a new one.....recently bought a set of h&r sport springs and now im looking into upgrading my shocks & struts. my stang is my dd, i dont and wont be doing any road racing and my car will only see the strip a handfull of times this summer, i like to play around on the streets from time to time but what im wondering is whatre the advantages of adjustables vs non-adjustables, and for my application is it really worth spending the extra money to get adjustables? i dont want to half ass my car but at the same time i have to keep my budget in mind. thanks!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
myself personaly would go with the non adjustable ones because I don't like fooling around with that kind of stuff enough to see the benifet of the adjustable.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any recommendations on what to get?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
for adjustables, either Koni sports or Tokiko D-Specs in that order.

Non-adjustables Koni STR.T's.

I would get non adjustables since you really dont about racing or anything like that.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was looking at the koni's. does it really matter who i go thru for buying them? i saw em for 400 on stage 3, that pretty much how much ill get em anywhere?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, great prices on both, thanks! looks like i have some thinking to do......you said sale till end of the month right?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh gotta work the budget....if i can swing the sports ill be gettin those, cant beat that price

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yea. You can call Sam (owner of that site) and ask for sure, but i believe its the end of this month.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
for adjustables, either Koni sports or Tokiko D-Specs in that order.

Non-adjustables Koni STR.T's.
I agree with DRock 100% and this is coming from someone who is currently running the Tokico D-Specs. However, I think your budget should dictate whether or not you get adjustable or non adjustable shock/struts. I daily drive my car, race it every now and than, play around, etc but run adjustables and never regret it. Even if I did zero racing, etc I wouldn't regret it. It's nice being able to adjust the ride quality to your tastes.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahhh.....do i want the adjustables, yes, but at the same time idk how much adjusting i would do anyways, ill probably go the non-adjustable route because of the budget aspect, but i have till near the end of the month to decide so i guess we'll see :) thank you for the input, appreciate it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
so whats better about the koni adj vs the d-spec

I have heard d-spec either only adjusts rebound or only adjusts stiffness.

I was thinking about QA1 for a while but they are adjustable to the point I am aftaid I might just get myself into trouble with to many options (32 bound and 32 rebound on one of thier modles)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
ST Suspensions makes struts/shocks for lowered stangs.The valve tuning and reduced travel make the ride very comfort. Runs about $380 shipped for all four.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ST Suspensions makes struts/shocks for lowered stangs.The valve tuning and reduced travel make the ride very comfort. Runs about $380 shipped for all four.
are these adjustable? and i checked the site it said theyre $595, is $380 shipped a forum members price? or am i just looking at the wrong thing

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Not adjustable. Like others have said its a pain in the ass to dial in shocks. These comes ready to rock n roll for lowered stangs. The valving and everything is tuned. Forum price is $380 shipped.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Like I said the Konis are built better, better quality, better performance.
Yup, THere is a reason there is a racing series named after them!;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
are these adjustable? and i checked the site it said theyre $595, is $380 shipped a forum members price? or am i just looking at the wrong thing
how do you get the forum discount i mean do you tell the person you are ordering from or enter moddedmustangs somewhere?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I guess I'll agree to disagree. Dialing in a shock adjustable shock of this caliber is not hard. You find what works for you through trial and error. This would take a day at most.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts